90 day notice......AGAIN by takestock (Page 2 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

MN190
Are you sorted out with something else?

Posted 06 Dec 2011, 23:20 #21 

TyphoonTT
Not a nice feeling. Really sorry to hear your news Dave. Sure things will get better soon.

Posted 06 Dec 2011, 23:22 #22 

ned1
MN190 wrote:Are you sorted out with something else?

Hi MN190

Dunno if you mean me? Yeah I am lucky enough to have another job to go to. Dont get me wrong its less pay, harder work but I would rather go of my own accord whilst I can before being stressed and pi44ed about and back heeled by my present employer. My colleagues are sound as a pound..hoverer the management really need to get out of their ivory towers and smell the coffee. :roll:

RANT OVER :mad1:
The road to success is always under construction.

Posted 06 Dec 2011, 23:55 #23 

MN190
Hi Ned1 yes I mean't you (I should have used the quote function)

Glad to hear your sorted out and its a fair bet you feel better and back in control of your life.
As for Ivory Towers I have been on both sides and unfortunately the occupants tend to forget that without the workers there is no one to complete the work to earn the money to pay everyones wages.

Posted 07 Dec 2011, 00:14 #24 

MGBev
sorry to hear about that. I've been there so I know what it's like. Hope something else comes along soon x

Posted 07 Dec 2011, 14:48 #25 

starbug2
Sorry to hear again about this and i hope you can sort it ,i've been on a 4 day week for about 6mts but at least for now the job is stable

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 17:19 #26 

takestock
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 Dec 2011, 21:58 #27 

geesmith
Any clues in that Dave?

I'm amazed how many houses round my estate have a roof full of solar panels now.
Our house has the ends orientated North/South so our tiled areas face East and West.
That could be advantageous in high summer I guess, having both sides of the roof active.

Posted 12 Dec 2011, 22:01 #28 

takestock
Too many Chinese whispers about to make any sense just now, The thing that seems fact is 1600 to go. If you have the word installer after your job title be it be gas or PV then your on your way, but there are only around 250 there. I'm glad I got my self off the management ladder some years ago as it played havoc with my blood pressure :( Being responsible and accountable for just me suits me far better, as such I am, to an extent, less prominent as a cost to the company :)

We shall see :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 Dec 2011, 22:18 #29 

Jürgen
takestock wrote:Well as least we made the press

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east ... -29873969/

A Carillion spokesman said: “Carillion Energy Services has been implementing a programme of restructuring to create a strong, sustainable business focused on its core energy services markets in which it has strong prospects for growth.

Typical management buzz words ... :(

Dave, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Posted 12 Dec 2011, 22:36 #30 

PaulT
I always like the '90 day consulatation period'. It means 'we have made up our minds what to do but will go through the legal motions and make you think that you can influence the outcome'.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Dec 2011, 08:14 #31 

Bermudan 75
The Solar PV industry has suffered not just because of the cut in the Feed In Tariff, as usual the industry became over populated with firms just looking for a 'quick buck'.

The Green Deal will see this happen again with people sucking the money out of the scheme like leeches. At present there are 3 times as many Domestic Energy Assessors (DEA) as the market needs. DEAs produce the Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) for residential properties and many struggle to make a living. The Accreditation bodies still advertise training courses for yet more people to become a DEA. The Accreditation bodies are talking to the Government about training yet more people to become Green Deal Advisors. DEAs with a little retraining could easily fulfil this role. I won't hold my breath ! What I do expect to happen is that the Accreditation bodies, Elmhurst, Quidos, SAVA, HVAC, BRE and RICS will probably make a nice profit out of the scheme, unlike the individual Green Deal Advisors.

Posted 13 Dec 2011, 09:22 #32 

geesmith
@Rover418275, that's interesting that the surplus of DEA's are being overlooked in favour of creating GDA's. I wonder if it's dependant on the right kind of brain-washing?
"Sucking the money out of the scheme like leeches (just like healthcare then, where a tiny fraction of the funds filters down to the 'user'.)

@takestock, completely agree with your managerial comments. All my various staff are still good friends and I prefer them that way as opposed to being dependants. I was put on blood pressure meds whilst doing that job and recently stopped using them due to frequent light headedness. My bp is now excellent. There's more to life than your name on a door. Give me arm ache over headache any day (unless it's due to physio).

Posted 13 Dec 2011, 11:49 #33 

PaulT
Rover418275 wrote:The Solar PV industry has suffered not just because of the cut in the Feed In Tariff, as usual the industry became over populated with firms just looking for a 'quick buck'.

The Green Deal will see this happen again with people sucking the money out of the scheme like leeches. At present there are 3 times as many Domestic Energy Assessors (DEA) as the market needs. DEAs produce the Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) for residential properties and many struggle to make a living. The Accreditation bodies still advertise training courses for yet more people to become a DEA. The Accreditation bodies are talking to the Government about training yet more people to become Green Deal Advisors. DEAs with a little retraining could easily fulfil this role. I won't hold my breath ! What I do expect to happen is that the Accreditation bodies, Elmhurst, Quidos, SAVA, HVAC, BRE and RICS will probably make a nice profit out of the scheme, unlike the individual Green Deal Advisors.

But the DEAs used to have plenty of work because they also trained to carry out the HIPs - suddenly they were just left with the EPCs.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Dec 2011, 12:30 #34 

JohnDotCom
This was always going to happen, to many jumping on the bandwagon, many with no skills, and any industry that was allowing for Government Grants etc to stay in Business was always going nowhere.
Management and Companies should not have worked on the basis of sell back, grants etc to come to a quick end with the recession, but they didn't, and the general public couldn't afford to purchase without help.
As always it is the workforce that will loose their jobs again without any great Redundancy pay offs.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 13:33 #35 

Bermudan 75
[But the DEAs used to have plenty of work because they also trained to carry out the HIPs - suddenly they were just left with the EPCs.[/quo]

I am afraid not so Paul, a DEA can only produce an Energy Performance Certificate (European legislation), which was included in the HIP. The House Condition Report (HCR) was produced by a Home Inspector who could also do EPCs but the Home Condition Report was a farce. The Mortgage Panels much preferred the Homebuyers and Building Surveys produced by Chartered Surveyors. Surveyors train for upto 6 years, a Home Inspector course took 12 months.

The residential property market never liked the HIP/HCR and in my view HMG were right to get rid of it. The HIP was an inept attempt to reform the staid residential sale process.

Posted 15 Dec 2011, 15:20 #36 

takestock
Well the ones that took the VR left on Friday, the incentive was 15% your annual salary tax free. Bearing in mind if you didn't take the VR then you will work and be paid up to the 28th Feb. a quick calculation shows both worth about the same. only difference being if you took VR come the first of March you will definitely be out of a job.

200 Vans returned to Hull alone and the workforce told to make their own way home!!

Heard on the news this morning that the government has been told by Europe that cutting the feed in tariff ( the single action that all this has been blamed on, yeah right )is illegal :confused:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 22 Dec 2011, 20:21 #37 

Last edited by takestock on 22 Dec 2011, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

MN190

Posted 22 Dec 2011, 20:54 #38 

JohnDotCom
Heard on the news this morning that the government has been told by Europe that cutting the feed in tariff ( the single action that all this has been blamed on, yeah right )is illegal

Government will appeal and adjust the same but to make it legal! (It goes through as is, Companies go bust, but should never have relied on this, which was always a loss leader.) :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 23 Dec 2011, 17:05 #39 

Chartermark
Dave,

My friend who is with Carillion down here, has taken your stance (not walking the plank). He says many locally have found the money tempting, and are taking the cash to absorb some of their debts, without considering the longer term future.

Carillion I feel are downsizing from the 'Eaga' days when money sloshed in via the Brown/Green/Brussels initiative fund. Their ratio of office to field staff, currently looks unsustainable, and will no doubt be addressed in the 2nd wave of compulsory redundancies I think you'll find.

Hang in there mate, I believe you'll emerge a survivor again come the spring.

Posted 23 Dec 2011, 23:07 #40