4 x 4 or Winter Tyres? by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 15:20 #1 

Bermudan 75
How about a hovercraft? :thumbsup:

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 15:39 #2 

Duncan
Yup, winter rubber every time.

better than ordinary tyres with studs, in fact.

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 21:26 #3 

Dallas
Thats just loonasy :o why attempt to drive up or down a hill like that one in those conditions, don't matter what tyres you have when you have many vehicles waiting at the bottom to slide into. :stirer:

Who is this! any of us on here......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrXM15KgAcE

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 21:36 #4 

MrB
Fitted a set of Part Worn Goodyear Ultra Grip 7's to my scruffy set of Crowns and what a difference.

I live just shy of 1200 foot above sea level, obvious lots of long steep hills round here. Car just goes up them like it's on dry tarmac. They are truly amazing.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 31 Dec 2010, 13:47 #5 

RRobson
couldnt help but laugh during that video. it looks like a comedy as more and more cars pile up, and then as cars in the middle of the road try and reverse out of the way. i know its not funny, but as above, why would you attemp to drive on a hill like that in those conditions?

Dallas wrote:Who is this! any of us on here......

that would probably be me if i still had mine :mrgreen: not a very good effort though, when i first had loss of grip on the back over some oil or diesel on the road (not doing anything daft, was a bit of a shock actually), i couldnt believe how stable the 75 was, given its length and suspension.
hard to resist a cheeky pull on the old hand brake, just ask young james :lol:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 02 Jan 2011, 21:55 #6