2003 Auto CDTi Connoisseur SE 2lt (NOW SOLD) by tony_fry

tony_fry
As you may know, I sold my 75 9 months ago to a lovely lady, Linda, who had seen it for sale at Flixton National meet.

On my search for another car, I contacted Linda a month ago and asked her if she wanted to sell the car back to me, which took her by surprise, anyway to cut a long storey short, she said yes, but the day after I told Tam I would take his car Linda come back to me and said I could buy the car back and went out and brought another car so she now has the car for sale.

2003 CDTi Connoisseur SE 2lt
151k on the clock
MOT until September
Taxed until January 2013

Standard equipment for the Connoisseur SE, with the additional equipment fitted:-

Clifford G5 Alarm
Remote Engine Starting
Total closure of windows on setting alarm
Sean's MGR Double Din Head Unit
Freeview Box
Reversing Camera
Power Fold Mirrors
All interior switch's converted to Blue LED (Light Emitting Diode) as well as the Speedo Head
Electric Rear Sun Blind
Xenon Head Light
Heated Screen Wash
Blackened Window Tint (Can be removed if wanted)
MG7 Rear Lights
FBH (Fuel burning heater.) (Working)
SYNERGY 2
Sean's MG7 Steering Wheel
Wooden Gear Selector
Simon's Wooden Trim Pack
EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) ByPass
Vitron O Rings

(God how much did I spend on doing this car up :mad: each time I look at the pictures I remember something else)

Prior to me selling the car I had a new alternator fitted, complete set of refurbished injectors (done by Lynx), and had the engine oil changed every 5K.

This is truly a one off car.

Linda has now sent me some pictures she has just taken

(Picture above with my number plate, now removed)

As you can see, its a VERY nice car.

She is asking £2000 (the Clifford Alarm cost me over £1400 when it was installed).

If anyone is interested please PM me and I will pass your information on to Linda who in in Suffolk.As you may know, I sold my 75 9 months ago to a lovely lady, Linda, who had seen it for sale at Flixton National meet.

On my search for another car, I contacted Linda a month ago and asked her if she wanted to sell the car back to me, which took her by surprise, anyway to cut a long storey short, she said yes, but the day after I told Tam I would take his car Linda come back to me and said I could buy the car back and went out and brought another car so she now has the car for sale.

2003 CDTi Connoisseur SE 2lt
151k on the clock
MOT until September
Taxed until January 2013

Standard equipment for the Connoisseur SE, with the additional equipment fitted:-

Clifford G5 Alarm
Remote Engine Starting
Total closure of windows on setting alarm
Sean's MGR Double Din Head Unit
Freeview Box
Reversing Camera
Power Fold Mirrors
All interior switch's converted to Blue LED as well as the Speedo Head
Electric Rear Sun Blind
Xenon Head Light
Heated Screen Wash
Blackened Window Tint (Can be removed if wanted)
MG7 Rear Lights
FBH (Fuel Burning Heater, Working)
SYNERGY 2
Sean's MG7 Steering Wheel
Wooden Gear Selector

(God how much did I spend on doing this car up :mad: each time I look at the pictures I remember something else)

Prior to me selling the car I had a new alternator fitted, complete set of refurbished injectors (done by Lynx), and had the engine oil changed every 5K.

This is truly a one off car.

Linda has now sent me some pictures she has just taken
(Picture above with my number plate, now removed)

As you can see, its a VERY nice car.

She is asking £2000 (the Clifford Alarm cost me over £1400 when it was installed).

If anyone is interested please PM me and I will pass your information on to Linda who in in Suffolk.

Posted 18 Jun 2012, 06:43 #1 

Last edited by tony_fry on 30 Jun 2012, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.

tony_fry
I have heard it all now, I have just got a PM from a member (not saying which forum), asking if the steering wheel had been put on upside down!!!!!

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 13:45 #2 

Last edited by tony_fry on 30 Jun 2012, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.

PaulT
tony_fry wrote:I have heard it all now, I have just got a PM from a member (not saying which forum), asking if the steering wheel had been put on upside down!!!!!

Surely it is an export car for Australia that for some reason did not leave these shores
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 14:19 #3 

kandyman
This is a very well speced up car, I loved the remote start :)

Can I ask what the box is on the floor in the back ?

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 17:34 #4 

newlindy
Thank you so much for advertising our car for us Tony.x. Kandyman the silver box in the back, we had left in there loose as we had only just got it. it is for multi connector for our boys to use on their games.

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 20:45 #5 

raistlin
I'd like to know how the remote start works and how it is incorporated into the BMW security system :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 21:34 #6 

Duncan
My guess is the transponder chip is permanently attached to the reader coil.

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 21:36 #7 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:My guess is the transponder chip is permanently attached to the reader coil.

Yes, but how do they solve the problem of the car thinking the keys are in the ignition and so refusing to lock?
Paul

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 09:34 #8 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:
Duncan wrote:My guess is the transponder chip is permanently attached to the reader coil.

Yes, but how do they solve the problem of the car thinking the keys are in the ignition and so refusing to lock?

Mmm. Couple of possibles. Do something to disable the transponder coil when you want to lock. Does bathrobe locking only work if the engine is running?

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 11:22 #9 

raistlin
Duncan wrote: Does bathrobe locking only work if the engine is running?

Yes. We already looked at that idea Duncan :)
Paul

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 11:35 #10 

tony_fry

Posted 27 Jun 2012, 06:30 #11 

tony_fry
I cannot say, how the remote started was fitted, but, the locking of the doors and alarm setting is all done with the Clifford alarm, it disables the standard locking system

Posted 27 Jun 2012, 06:33 #12