Stickies

Hopefully the photo's below will help the owner/members whom want to tackle and change their rear drum discs & rear brake pads, this is how I do mine not necessarily the way everyone would do it but it works well in my opinion.

Jack the rear of the car up using the centre rear jack, high enough to add axle stands.
Image1

Add axle stands to each jacking point of the car or trailing arm. ...

Posted 02 Apr 2019, 17:53 by Arctic
Read more : Rear Disc Drum & Pads | Views : 1160 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Know How Forum

This thread is how I changed the condenser on my MGZT, this was due to it not performing as it should when cool air was called for, it includes removing the front bumper, so that will be the first part of the job I will deal with.

First of all turn your wheels in either direction, this is so you can remove the two screws/bolts in the wheel arch holding the wheel arch liner to ...

Posted 30 Sep 2017, 22:32 by Arctic
Read more : Condenser Replacment/ Bumper Removal | Views : 1523 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Know How Forum

Just made my annual donation to help Mick keep the fire burning :) Keep up the good work my old friend

Posted 04 Jun 2017, 18:52 by takestock
Read more : Time to help keep the ship afloat again | Views : 5720 | Replies : 85 | Forum : Rover 75 and MG ZT Forum

This is how to remove the front windscreen scuttle panel on the R40 7 MGZT for refurbishing or to undertake any work need below it.

First lift the bonnet so you have access to the window wiper fixings. Fig 1
Image1

With the bonnet raised remove the caps covering the wiper holding nuts. Fig 2/3
Image2

Image3

There are two of these be careful not to drop them into the engine bay when you prise ...

Posted 26 Sep 2016, 21:59 by Arctic
Read more : Scuttle Panel Romoval | Views : 2090 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Know How Forum

This is how I/we fitted the tyre protectors (RSC000131) to our cars.
Image1a

To do this easy task of fitting the protectors you will need either a small screwdriver, or punch, sockets 8mm & 10mm & ratchet, trolley jack, or axle stand, damp cloth or wire brush, but I would imagine your normal jack would do the job, if you do use the normal jack for changing a wheel them put the wheel under the ...

Posted 02 Aug 2016, 10:50 by Arctic
Read more : Tyre Protectors Fitted | Views : 1686 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Know How Forum

If you have removed and dismantled a bullet powerfold mirror to replace the gears it can sometimes be a time consuming exercise getting it back in exactly the right position

You need to make sure that the mirror assembly is fitted to the top of the motor first ( 3 torx screws ) then fit the bottom of the motor to the stanchion ( 4 screws )

That's because the top of the motor will ...

Posted 16 Mar 2016, 21:21 by Trebor
Read more : " How To " correctly refit a Bullet Powerfold Mirror Motor | Views : 1606 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Know How Forum

"How to" repair saloon jammed non folding rear seat

With a massive thanks to Steve (Devilish) who worked jointly with me on these mods

If you have a saloon with a rear folding seat, the chances are that at some point you have ( or will have ) problems:

1) Either getting it to fold down in the first place ( maybe because the button which releases the seat has become jammed down and you ...

Posted 18 Feb 2016, 22:42 by Trebor
Read more : Definitive "How to" repair saloon jammed non folding rear s | Views : 1954 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Know How Forum

A couple of weeks ago a member asked me if I would help him replace his starter motor contacts and plunger as his R75 Diesel 2004 was having trouble starting, the starter motor was sticking now and again and with winter coming up would only get worse.

I agreed and we set about removing the starter motor from his R75 diesel once we had removed and replaced the contacts and plunger the car started on ...

Posted 01 Oct 2015, 15:36 by Arctic
Read more : Starter Motor Repair Kit Diesel | Views : 3203 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Know How Forum

The R75 and or the MGZT 1.8, 2.0, or diesel sometimes have a two wire 2 speed fan which fails, most of the time it will be the silver resistor that as failed once failed it will need changing for a Gold resistor.

This thread/post will hopefully help those whom wish to deal with this replacement themselves.

Once you have purchased the Gold resistor you will need to remove the front bumper to carry out ...

Posted 20 May 2015, 23:45 by Arctic
Read more : Gold Resistor Fitting. | Views : 3198 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Know How Forum

This is a pictorial how to on how I do an oil change on the R75 MGZT diesel.

Hopefully this will help new members and owners if they decide to do there own oil change at some time.

My first bit of advise is get all your tools and items you will need together and allocate your self a day for the oil change to take place.

On the day of the oil change drive ...

Posted 11 Mar 2015, 23:41 by Arctic
Read more : Oil Change R75 MGZT Diesel | Views : 1732 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Know How Forum