ZT 190 stalling issue by Trebor

Trebor
This happens at low revs and appears to be getting worse, it's got to the stage where you can't pull away without giving the throttle a bit of right foot.

If I compare it to my 75 diesel, I could slowly release the clutch on that and the car creeps forward slowly without use of the accelerator, whereas if I tried that on the ZT it would cut out everytime.

The throttle assembly appears to be working fine and I was hoping someone would be able to advise on a possible solution

The car was of course converted to run on LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) last year by Bernard and he has since tweaked the settings but I do not think it is related as if the car is set to run on petrol it's exactly the same.

Once the car is moving it runs well, ticks over at 650rpm but the tacho needle moves very slightly from 650rpm if left to tick over , as if the car is hunting very slightly

Any ideas gratefully received
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 01 Feb 2015, 17:01 #1 

Trebor
done some more research myself on this and the idle control valve is the possible culprit, some spray carb claener into it with engine running, others dismantle & clean, anyone on here done this ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Feb 2015, 12:21 #2 

Last edited by Trebor on 02 Feb 2015, 19:15, edited 2 times in total.

takestock
on the 190 i owned it turned out to be the map sensor ;) always wanting to stall when setting off unless I rode the clutch. Couldn't set off slow.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Feb 2015, 19:12 #3 

Trebor
That's sounds a good call Dave as exactly the symptoms I have, will check out prices, and thanks
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 02 Feb 2015, 19:21 #4 

Trebor
twas the MAP sensor Dave so thanks and got a great deal, free from Artic's Auto Jumble, plus a 2 minute job to change
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 05 Feb 2015, 15:09 #5 

takestock
Took me two weeks to find the problem on mine :(, glad your sorted :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 05 Feb 2015, 18:12 #6