Yup ...Powerfolds .. again, by ceedy

ceedy
I've had a pair of Chromey bullets in a box for some months, and been a bit windy of trying to fit them as I can't manage taking a door off by myself :em: ..and can't really ask wifey to help. :roll:

So waited until I managed to get another cover, as one was a bit damaged . got one now so no excuse now other than the first one :em:

I have the door looms as well , but is it feasible to do the wiring without door removal ? even if its a bit fiddly getting the cables through.
Hoped it might be easier to just put the power wires through rather than swap the whole looms .
And not sure if I have the cross car wiring in place ?

Actually I've never found a how to on this subject anywhere has there ever been one ?..

Other than this one on some of the wiring
http://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/xpdfdocuments/Car_Interior/Powerfolds_to_OEM_Wiring.pdf :roll:

ta

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 07 Oct 2014, 08:53 #1 

raistlin
You can do it without removing the doors Chris. I did it on my first car.

It is a pain in the neck though and as far as i can recall, you need to run continuous wiring through the door jamb, ie. you can't use the door-jamb connector block.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Oct 2014, 09:32 #2 

Trebor
Yes you can do it and I have the scuffs to prove it but as Paul says you cant use the connector plug as you wont get at it properly with the door still on
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Oct 2014, 18:56 #3 

ceedy
Cheers for the replys

So, with the looms I have I would take off the doors :-o , replace the looms in each door then drag off some dash panels to get at each side and see if or put in the 2 wires across the car ?? that simple :lol:

C.
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 07 Oct 2014, 22:48 #4 

Trebor
You may already have the wires running across the car which is why we take the doors off in which case you just need to add the loom in each door and connect to the existing door plugs

If you havent got the wires across, you dont need to remove dash panels but you will need to remove the lower panels ie underneath the steering wheel and take out the glove box, the wires can normally be passed through at the back of the ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) area for the middle bit
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Oct 2014, 23:41 #5 

raistlin
ceedy wrote: replace the looms in each door

C.

You don't need to replace the looms. I manufacture an add-in loom which you just tape to the existing door-looms.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Oct 2014, 07:39 #6 

ceedy
I'll see if I have the cross car wiring first..

I've got the under steering wheel panel off at the mo, trying to find why my Rear DVD's have just stopped working after 4 years :roll:

can I get at the door harness plugs from under there ??

cheers

Chris

Posted 08 Oct 2014, 10:47 #7 

Trebor
No you cant sorry, you will see the loom disappearing into the wing but from there it goes up to the door plug which you wont be able to get at , you could however remove some of the tape from the loom and look for the across car wiring so you will know whether it is there or not
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 08 Oct 2014, 15:33 #8