Youtube vids Yippee Back to Normal !!! by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
Up until a few days ago watching vids on youtube etc was a doddle. Over the past couple of days every video I watch freezes about every 15 seconds or so before starting again - presumably it is isn't downloading fast enough.

Any idea why this could be - it's driving me looooooooooopy.

Ta

Posted 18 Feb 2012, 22:50 #1 

Last edited by Tourerfogey on 24 Feb 2012, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

kandyman
Evening Sir,

A quick google search seems a few people have had a few problems and by installing flash and reinstalling it seems to have solved the problem.

Hope that helps.

Posted 19 Feb 2012, 00:20 #2 

Tourerfogey
Hi Andy - have done as you suggested - but problem still persists :confused:

Posted 19 Feb 2012, 18:53 #3 

kandyman
Drat sorry that did't work for you.

Have you checked you connection speed ?

Have a look here www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk and run the test about 6 times and check the results, as I'm wondering if you broadband is stuttering ?

Posted 19 Feb 2012, 19:49 #4 

Tourerfogey
Hi again

Tried that - and my download speed was a consistant .500 - .508 mb/s - I have no idea if that is good or bad??

(as you may have gathered, I can 'drive' a PC but have no comprehension of what goes on 'under the bonnet' !)

Posted 19 Feb 2012, 22:36 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
If I'm reading your figures correctly. Half a megabit per second is not fast enough to stream video. A minimum of 2 Mbps is recommended

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 12:16 #6 

Tourerfogey
Mmmm - I wonder why my speed is so slow when it's obviously been faster until recently? :confused:

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 14:46 #7 

Tourerfogey
Problem now solved by simply restarting my Router :confused: Download speed is now 4mb/s :D

Posted 24 Feb 2012, 19:30 #8