Your Community Username Origin by Bermudan 75 (Page 2 of 4)

Mofo
mines boring its just Robert backwards...

I cannot believe I didn't see that before...... :-?

Mine comes from the end of my gaming name online - Bombdroppingmofo - so Mofo for short. :gmc:

Posted 26 Jan 2012, 21:30 #21 

calibrax
I used to own a Vauxhall Calibra, and when I first had to set up a username on the 'net, I found that 'Calibra' was already taken... so I added an 'x' to it. Used it ever since, for pretty much everything on the web. I own the 'calibrax.com' domain as well. :)
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 09:45 #22 

Arctic
(Trader)
Mine (Arctic) comes from my glass collecting days it was the first piece of Whitefriars i found IE Arctic Blue Teardrop pattern No 9571 single flower vase which became an obsession a bit like the R75 is now :lol: some how dont think i will collect so many as i did pieces of Whitefriars Glass link to my collection below.
Fig Arctic Blue vase

http://gloriousartglass.blogspot.com/

Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 11:57 #23 

ag820i
My first really nice Rover was a 1989 Rover 820i. My second was a 1996 white 820i. my initials are ag. Simples!! squeeeek!!

Posted 30 Jan 2012, 14:07 #24 

pob06
pob's been my nickname for about 23 years and 2006 was the year this luddite figured out how to start using electrickery/pooters and those new fangled things called forums - hence pob06 :-)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 30 Jan 2012, 18:45 #25 

ceedy
Mines been long used on the interweb

Its just sort of a phonetic description of my Initials CD :gmc:
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 11:17 #26 

Borg Warner
Borg Warner as in Type 35 3-speed auto box fitted to my 1970 MGB roadster.

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 12:43 #27 

Dave
Borg Warner wrote:Borg Warner as in Type 35 3-speed auto box fitted to my 1970 MGB roadster.

So, not someone who gives advance notice of cybernetic organisms from Star Trek approaching then? :gmc:

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 13:09 #28 

Borg Warner
The B was my First Contact with the MG marque! Such an Enterprising encounter. I must say that I have found a lot of Data on this site to keep The Next Generation of MGs going, my ZT, and am confident that it will always look after me on the Voyage Home from The Undiscovered Country. Sadly future Generations my not be able to.

Lower your sheilds and surrender your weapons. Resistance is futile........

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 17:14 #29 

Duncan
Jatco and ZF just don't have the same ring to them, do they?

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 20:12 #30 

Samarkand
I was looking for a replacement for the Rover 620Di that I used to have, and I was checking a 607 Peugeot at that time. In the Peugeot 607 catalogue, they had this blue colour (very close to the Steel Blue) named Samarkand Blue. Then the weekend after, I was at my Rover dealer's and was checking the 75. I saw mine and the rest, as they say, is history because since then she became mine (sometimes I wonder if I own her or if I'm possessed by her)...
From the 607 experience remained the Samarkand name (which I gave her on the same day that the selling act was done) due to her Steel Blue colour and the Sandstone interior which are the main colours of the city of Samarkand in Uzbekistan (Google for some more images of this very nice city) .
Image[/quote]

I'm using my car name as she's one of the reasons I'm on the forum ;)
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 02 Feb 2012, 08:25 #31 

pshuttle
pshuttle = first initial and then shortened surname.

Really imaginative.....

Posted 06 Feb 2012, 10:19 #32 

RichardGarner
I was using a keyboard with a broken space bar

Posted 06 Feb 2012, 19:13 #33 

Jürgen
I couldn't be bothered to make something up. ;)

Aside from that I like the letter Ü, not available at English keyboards. :mrgreen:

:gmc:

Posted 06 Feb 2012, 22:36 #34 

Duncan
We English have a secret weapon though.

ue

(as well as oe, ae and so on)

Posted 06 Feb 2012, 22:52 #35 

Jürgen
:lol:

Posted 06 Feb 2012, 23:26 #36 

Dave
Duncan wrote:We English have a secret weapon though.

ue

(as well as oe, ae and so on)

Yup, we love our glue, oboes and algae... :gmc:

Posted 06 Feb 2012, 23:44 #37 

BADLAD
Hi all, back again after a long computer related absence!
I usually use BAD455 as a nick, but when I tried to join this forum, I wasn't allowed for whatever reason. I presumed that it was possibly due to 455 looking like another word for donkeys and hence I had been a BADLAD for trying to use offensive words.
I never dreamt that I would be meeting people face to face, it has been an embarrassment to me ever since! Oh well, we live and learn...
Good to be back with you guys, I'll try to get to that Wolverhampton nano in march.

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 10:39 #38 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Nice to see you back on the forum Ian. I'm unsure why your first choice of username was rejected. The criteria being minimum 6 characters and mixed numbers and letters. :confused: I can probably change it if you wish. :)

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 11:50 #39 

Dave
Mick wrote:The criteria being minimum 6 characters and mixed numbers and letters

Wouldn't that be the criteria for passwords rather than usernames?

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 15:27 #40