Yorkie meets by goodlittlewifey

goodlittlewifey
A few people have now mentioned that they miss the monthly yorkie meets,Ive left a HUGGEEEEEEE hint on the otherside as thats where they originally started, if nothing happens within a few days then I WILL try to organise them from this site in future, theres no point to having 2 monthly meets in the same place, but as the Gryphon award started on the other side,because of the Yorkie meets, I will give the yorkshire regional secretary the chance to sort it out, I have major doubts that he will do it, but common courtesy states he should get the chance to sort it out first,
As I said if he hasnt sorted it out and suggested a reasonable date in May,by this coming weekend then I will put a post on here,and possibly on the otherside, although a lot of people frequent both sites,
Its only because of the situation with Gryphon that the regional secretary is being reminded of his duty first,
I agree the meets shouldnt be dropped ,after all a lot of us met Gryphon, and admired his strength, so the Gryphon award without the yorkie meets seem a bit daft, but we,ll see what happens

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 01:19 #1 

James.uk
Interesting.. I also dropped a big hint on tother side re the Yorkie meets at Rotherham.. :lol:

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 01:26 #2 

goodlittlewifey
I reminded Brian on the Yorkie page after I noted your comment, I also responded to your comment, :D :D Just have to see if he does anything now, probably not and after me being insulted , undeservedly, I wont be posting on that site again.
I TOLD THEM I PREFER THIS SITE WHERE GENTLEMEN REMEMBER TO BEHAVE LIKE GENTLEMEN

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 01:34 #3 

Duncan
goodlittlewifey wrote:GENTLEMEN REMEMBER TO BEHAVE LIKE GENTLEMEN

Shame there's so few of them here, though.

Now, about the rest of us...... ;)

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 20:39 #4 

JohnDotCom
I use to enjoy the Yorkie meets I went to.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 17:51 #5 

starbug2
in the end it matters not where we meet ,only that we meet with our fellows and enjoy what ever place we end up .be it a car park or a country park or even a nano meet... :cheers: it is about friend ships, tech help and support , even just looking at each others cars . with things being a bit iffy money wise we not be able to do all the events we may wish to , but we will be doing a fair view were we can afford/able to get to...
the yorkie meets this refairs to is before i joined though i have been to a few meets up that way since and many other places . while i do not understand the cold war/civil war and general back stabing some have had resently . over all most all in the owners club and on here are a good sort and in some cases are in both . if anyone wishes to arange a meet some where and invite along the rest of us , good -where ever it may be . if you want a meet near you arrange it !!! and you may get some who will wish to come along .
but if you don't arange anything in your area don't assume any one else will ,also don't moan about not having meets in your area if you or any one don't do one . i have traveled far to conventions, car meets and castles and if a meet or event is worth the effort i''ll do it. i would of never of thought of going to germany (or euroland) not so long ago as my langage skills are poor and that inc. english :gmc: and the thought of driving on the wrong side is a bit unnerving also bev is not always a good traveler :nurse: so can make some trips over the years a little :nurse: :bed: . but it came along at a time that i thought oh what the semg ....... i am glad that some others have desided to come along as for a good while it was just us :panic:
so in the end if a meet if worth it we may well try to go, be it up north or down south or in very rare cases over seas or even outerspace :thumbsup: to boldly go... in search of pies ;)

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 08:30 #6 

JohnDotCom
There is a Yorkie meet at the end of May I believe started in Old Club by member Tatts.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 13:48 #7 

Martin
I agree with the thought that anyone who wished could or should be allowed to do so. But what Goodlittlewifey is refuring to is that she was specificly told, it "WAS NOT" her place to do this as they had RS's to do this, so she has left it to the RS concerned to pull his finger out ............just the way I read the twoings and froings. :confused:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 14:16 #8 

JakeWilson
Heather,

I'd be interested to know (over PM) who it was that told you that it was just RS's that were to organise meets.

In the mids, I've organised some, but most of them are organised by members, and sometimes I just co-ordinate them.

Technically there is nothing stopping you posting in any of the RS Regional folders. We as purples, or even some greens have ANY moderation rights - once it's up - only a mod can delete it, and that I believe can only happen once the OP has been contacted.

HTH

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 19:32 #9 

goodlittlewifey
maybe you understand more now Jake, and as youve said youre not surprised, xx

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 21:25 #10 

geesmith
So, I may not be purple or green but I'm interested to know if there's a Yorkie meet in May without having to contact 'the other side' (heaven forbid or wherever it is)

Posted 09 May 2011, 11:34 #11 

takestock
Yorkshire Meet Saturday 28th May 2010 at 10.30am. New and old faces welcome!

Thrybergh Country Park,
Doncaster Road,
Thrybergh,
Rotherham,
South Yorks
S65 4NU

Tel: 01709 850353
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 09 May 2011, 11:37 #12 

geesmith
That's the one Dave. I'll have to bring my old face....

oooh! fortnightly Yorkie meets!

Posted 09 May 2011, 12:18 #13 

James.uk
I will be going, it is a lovely drive for me, either up over the top of the Pennines or through the snake pass, fabulous scenery innit.. :)

And at the end, a nice country park wiv a nice cafe next to a large lake.. Brill innit.. :)

Course one has to put up with a lot of ruffians mooching around in the car park but nuffinks perfik innit.. :D :D :D

Posted 09 May 2011, 14:30 #14