Yorkie meet??? by James.uk

James.uk
Actros is calling a Yorkshire meet on the other forum, but no one seems to be putting their names down, (including me ATM) So whats the score?

Are we (this club) going to organise separate meetings or are we going to support the other clubs meets? :confused:

As most of my friends seem to be mainly on this forum I will go along with whatever the peeps here decide. :)

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 00:42 #1 

Trebor
my opinion is that it would be very sad to have separate meetings as i have friends on both forums and dont want that to change, i often go to the Yorkie meets and meet some great people.

I havent seen Brians post yet but if i am free on the date i will put my name down.

It will be interesting to see how this develops however, for my part i organise a fair few meets and i must admit it is a bit of a pain posting on 2 forums and keeping the lists updated on both but i dont want to alienate anyone

This is a personal opinion and a few members may be so entrenched in recent goings on that they will choose not to go or otherwise to meets organised by the other forums which is their choice.

We should alll remember that we have one thing in common the cars
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 05:10 #2 

takestock
I shall be going :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 06:11 #3 

Zeb
takestock wrote:I shall be going :D

Haven't seen the dates yet, don't know if I can afford the petrol yet but I'd best not be letting you out on your own Dave.......

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 06:21 #4 

MrB
Unfortunately I can't make 7th August :cry:

Shame been looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 08:06 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I see no reason at all why there should be any meets set up in opposition to those mooted by owners club members, as almost all of the members here are already members of the owners club it would not be a good move. It will of course be good to see extra meets set up on here just for community members but equally they will not in any way exclude owners club members or members of any other group that wish to attend.

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 11:17 #6 

James.uk
Fair enuff, sounds good to me. Just didn't want to step on anyones tootsies. :)

Looks like I will be going up over the peaks again on the 7th (inglorious?) then. :)

Be interesting to see if the bumper soots up again on my new Synergy2/MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) settings under a heavy workload. :em:

(I have gone from MAF 2 -- tuner 6.. To --- Maf off -- Tuner 3..) So far it seems to have improved MPG and reduced the sooting a bit. The performance is about the same. :thumbsup:

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 11:37 #7 

raistlin
takestock wrote:I shall be going :D

Hope to see you there Dave :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 11:53 #8 

jonjon77
the kids and me enjoyed the last meet so we will be going

jon

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 12:22 #9 

goodlittlewifey
we wont be going,Tim is doing a Big Cat Ranger for the day thing in kent on the 6th, I got him it for his 40th and not been used yet,and got to use voucher by the 20th,and we,ll be goingto France coming back hopefully the Sunday morning, so thats a no for us

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 13:38 #10 

JohnDotCom
Will not be able to make this one as out of Country then again, I'm pleased/afraid to say. ;)

Hopefully the next one when out of main holiday season I will; be able to attend again.
The Yorkshire meets are always a good one to go to IMHO and a good breakfast/bacon butty served there always goes down well there. :D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Jul 2010, 22:35 #11 

takestock
All the names on here are now added to the list next door :)

wonder how that happened :D:D:D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 20:55 #12 

James.uk
Smacks of skulldugery to me.... :shock:

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 21:34 #13 

Zeb
James.uk wrote:Smacks of skulldugery to me.... :shock:

Skulduggery? Now there's a thing.... :-|

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 21:39 #14 

JohnDotCom
Don't believe in Skulduggery. ;) :gmc:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 21:41 #15 

raistlin
JohnDotCom wrote:Don't believe in Skulduggery. ;) :gmc:

I don't believe in fairies either but somebody keeps mowing the lawn ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 21:44 #16 

JohnDotCom
I don't believe in Santa but someone brings the pressies and drinks the alcohol left, so know where you are coming from. :D
John

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 21:47 #17 

starbug2
i think i am down as a maybe for that one as not 100% sure if going yet

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 21:58 #18 

RRobson
i would love to go. what a shame i will be in cyprus on that day :roll: 8-)
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 16 Jul 2010, 22:22 #19