Yes please!!! by Zeb

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Zeb

Posted 25 Jun 2011, 14:29 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That would make your V8 seem very pedestrian........................ Wish I had money to play with.

Posted 25 Jun 2011, 15:06 #2 

Jürgen
Could be a bit noisy inside ... :gmc:

Posted 25 Jun 2011, 15:21 #3 

Zeb
Jürgen wrote:Could be a bit noisy inside ... :gmc:

Pardon? :D

Posted 25 Jun 2011, 15:26 #4 

TyphoonTT
I think the noise would have trouble keeping up!

Posted 25 Jun 2011, 20:44 #5 

Tourerfogey
Mmmm, still wearing it's original plates so hasn't been through an IVA, which for those mods it should have been - therefore not actually street legal.

Posted 25 Jun 2011, 21:31 #6 

mark_bonsai
Have a look at this site for putting big bike engines in the backs of Minis. Check out the cars for sale.

http://www.zcars.org.uk/index.php
Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 26 Jun 2011, 22:49 #7 

PaulT
Tourerfogey wrote:Mmmm, still wearing it's original plates so hasn't been through an IVA, which for those mods it should have been - therefore not actually street legal.

But if it retains enough of the original Mini it will keep its original reg instead of being given a Q plate
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 27 Jun 2011, 07:39 #8 

Tourerfogey
PaulT wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:Mmmm, still wearing it's original plates so hasn't been through an IVA, which for those mods it should have been - therefore not actually street legal.

But if it retains enough of the original Mini it will keep its original reg instead of being given a Q plate

No, that isn't correct with the new IVA (might have been under the old SVA - don't know).

With IVA there are 3 scenarios:-

1) A modded vehicle doesn't have to be submitted for an IVA if it's retained enough 'points' from original components AND the monococque (or seperate chassis if it has one) has not been modified.

2) It is primarily made from brand new parts in which case once through an IVA it is entitled to be registered as a brand new car and gets a brand new registration mark

3) Is modified to such an extent (like the Mini in question) so that it is doesn't retain what is considered to be enough of the original vehicle and/or has monococque mods, to retain it's original identity, nor consist of enough new parts to be a brand new vehicle, so will then get a 'Q' plate.

Posted 27 Jun 2011, 13:19 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
This looks like a fun alternative. :D :D Friend of mine used to own one with a Porsche engine, mental machine.
View eBay item 180686929025

Posted 29 Jun 2011, 19:54 #10 

Tourerfogey
. . . and correctly registered on a Q plate :)

Posted 30 Jun 2011, 07:47 #11 

Duncan
Tourerfogey wrote:. . . and correctly registered on a Q plate :)

But how did they get that, as without mudguards on the wheels I don't think it's road legal......

:gmc:

Posted 30 Jun 2011, 19:35 #12 

Tourerfogey
Presumably the mudguards have since been removed ;)

Posted 01 Jul 2011, 12:48 #13 

Mick
(Site Admin)
It is a dune buggy, I presume as you do the mudguards are detachable.

Posted 01 Jul 2011, 12:50 #14 

Bernard
I think that it will be a 'no thankyou' to this one when it's finished though.

It's a Westfield chassis about to have the brand new Corvette V8 to the left of it levered in.

This in in the workshop that I am using at the moment.

I think that it's 500HP. In that chassis? I'll pass thank you very much.

Trouble is, there's so much interesting stuff going on, I'm not getting anything done. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 01 Jul 2011, 17:08 #15 

Duncan
I knew a chap that put a Rover V8 in a Westfield once. After a while, he traded it in for some metal pins, and a shorter leg.

Hit a concrete bus shelter from what I heard. Backwards.

Posted 03 Jul 2011, 09:00 #16 

ceedy
Hmm..
Very fast... First thing you hit anything with is the fuel tank . then you, then a nice hot engine on the back of the neck...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
nothing like picking out the good points Eh ??
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 03 Jul 2011, 14:50 #17