Xenon auto level sensor arm broken by chrislloydie

chrislloydie
I have noticed that my xenons are only lighting the road about 5 metres in front of my car. Driving on unlit roads has become a real problem. So I took the front and rear drivers side wheels off to check the auto levelling sensor arms. Unfortunately the front arm was hanging down. It seems the metal bracket that attaches the sensor arm has corroded and sheared off. So I need to source a replacement. I've looked on rimmers and it appears they only sell the sensor unit as a whole and want over £100! Does anyone know if you can just buy the arm and bracket?

Posted 12 Oct 2010, 07:25 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Ben (Typhoon) very kindly glued mine back onto the arm with Araldite at one of the nano-meets. It has been solid since and worked fine. If you've got enough on the brack to do the same I would recommend it. Just clean up the areas to be glued first and a gentle run with some emery paper.

Posted 12 Oct 2010, 08:08 #2 

chrislloydie
Hi David, do you mean he glued the actual metal bracket back onto the metal suspension arm bit? The plastic arms on mine are intact, just the little metal bracket has corroded and snapped off.

Posted 12 Oct 2010, 09:32 #3 

Mad-Monkey
chrislloydie wrote:Hi David, do you mean he glued the actual metal bracket back onto the metal suspension arm bit? The plastic arms on mine are intact, just the little metal bracket has corroded and snapped off.

Yes, the metal had corroded on mine, but there was enough metal on the broke bracket to glue it to the arm (is it the wishbone?). I had some araldite which was suitable for bonding metal. Worked a charm thanks to Ben. :)

Posted 12 Oct 2010, 09:51 #4 

chrislloydie
Ok thanks David. Will try this method if I can't source a replacement for the bracket.

Posted 12 Oct 2010, 09:55 #5