Would anybody be mug enough? by Mick (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mick
(Site Admin)
There is piss taking and then there is this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-Rare ... 231cc95c16

Not mentioning the £15.00 postage charge.

I really can't imagine anybody in their right mind (or out of it) buying this item.
Good luck to the vendor if he gets his price. ;)

Posted 01 May 2012, 13:26 #1 

Zeb
Seller is a member on t'other side... he knows his audience / market and has made a judgement as to whether he might sell.... and who am I to argue with that? :D

Posted 01 May 2012, 13:32 #2 

Duncan
I'd suggest they might be trying to circumvent the bay, as they have given collection details with a wink!

Posted 01 May 2012, 13:36 #3 

Tourerfogey
Case of 'supply and demand'. Simples.

Posted 01 May 2012, 13:43 #4 

pob06
Set apost up on the owners club, nearly choked on my lunchtime painkillers, as pointed out fair enough they are his to sell but blimmin el !!!
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 01 May 2012, 14:46 #5 

PaulT
But the gentlemans agreement was that they would not be resold for a profit
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 May 2012, 15:26 #6 

Jumper
What gentleman would that be then?

Posted 01 May 2012, 15:58 #7 

PaulT
Jumper wrote:What gentleman would that be then?

Obviously only a few of us left
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 May 2012, 16:02 #8 

Merl
Yup when buying these the agreement was they would never be sold for a profit.
Martin

Posted 01 May 2012, 19:25 #9 

raistlin
Merl wrote:Yup when buying these the agreement was they would never be sold for a profit.

That was my understanding of the gentleman's agreement as well Martin.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 May 2012, 21:25 #10 

Merl
it is things like this that make me mad! i have only ever sold on bits I have bought for the same price or if I have broken stuff down and sold bits individually I have sold only to cover the costs. I believe in karma or should that be carma ;) and esepcially on here as I know there is a lot I can't do and if it wasn't for the good people I have become friends with I would have to pay a fortune to have bits done. I will always try to help when I can and sometimes I actually know things! but this is a community and any agreements should always be honoured.

Oh and if anyone buy these just be careful as mine even after being scored and stuck on with lots of silicon keep falling off! I bought 2 sets but had to use my second set to replace the missing ones...

Though so far I think mine os the only car this keeps happening to that I know of.
Martin

Posted 01 May 2012, 21:47 #11 

Tourerfogey
The thing that worries me is that for every person willing to pay £200 for them there are probably many more who would think nothing of prising them off your car for free if no-one was looking . . .

Posted 01 May 2012, 22:05 #12 

Bermudan 75
Shameful, the brass plated finishers were reproduced in part due to the rarity of the original MGR finishers which were plastic. IIRC there was a an original MGR set on ebay a couple of years ago that went for silly money £150+.

Posted 01 May 2012, 22:33 #13 

Jumper
I object most strongly to being thought a gentleman. Nobody knows me well enough (well, one or two might maybe), and to lower the bar of expectations to such a level presents hurdles to my normal stumble through the wilderness. For instance, every MP rejoices in the self-congratulatory soubriquet 'honourable gentleman'. (Even 'right hon. gent'). Wouldn't want to be bunged in with that load of chancers.

Posted 02 May 2012, 11:28 #14 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Postage has been reduced to £4.00, so that's double what the finishers are worth. IMNSHO ;)

Posted 02 May 2012, 12:24 #15 

Jumper
So much more attractive.

Posted 02 May 2012, 15:13 #16 

Jürgen
It's a pity there's just one set available at this special price ... ;)

Posted 02 May 2012, 15:36 #17 

starbug2
i'd like them but at £200......... i think not

Posted 03 May 2012, 16:46 #18 

Zeb
starbug2 wrote:i'd like them but at £200......... i think not

Yer not tempted by me spoon finishers then?

Posted 03 May 2012, 17:04 #19 

Trebor
The seller has been lambasted on t'other side, and there are many comments about gentlemans agreements, apparently the seller has sold his car and is now no longer a club member having requested his membership be cancelled
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 03 May 2012, 17:27 #20