"World of Rover". Bolton. by James.uk

James.uk
I have just got back from visiting the above scrap yard. In it, are 7 Rover 75's, 6 saloons and one estate car and an MGZT saloon.... :roll: :(

The car I took some cruise parts from was a light Gold 75, no number plates so can only guess it's age. It had:- Light leather seats and trim with embossed head rests, chrome powerfolds, Symphony radio, 6 disk CD player, Cruise, and gawd knows what else but the entire engine was missing. :confused: No ID badges on it either.

So if you want any bits ring them on:- 01204 366630.. And good luck. :thumbsup:

I'm not at all sure what the 3 elec units I bought are. :em: But I posted pics on the other Clubs forum under "Considering cruise".... :)

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 19:17 #1 

Duncan
Had a look over there for you.

You have the cruise unit and a cruise interface (the two black boxes) and the auto gearbox ECU (Engine Control Unit). Unfortunately they are V6 cruise units, and diesel has only one that looks different. Sorry for the bad news....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:17 #2 

James.uk
:hissyfit: Thanks for looking Duncan, the plonker at the yard told me the car was diesel!!! :(

Having said that, I didn't know the cruise ECU was different for petrol and diesel cars either.. :confused:

Any one want to buy some parts? :confused:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:48 #3 

Duncan
Having retrofitted both diesel and V6, I know all too well. The diesel one is quite rare, unfortunately. If you look at the label you can see KV6 on the interface ECU.

I think I ended up paying a fair whack for the diesel one.

Worth trying Corin or Les. Autostore on the bay of fleas often break 75s too.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:51 #4 

JohnDotCom
Hi James as Duncan says,
The Diesel is "Fly by Wire" so different again from the Petrol cars.
What do you need as I have many bits and bobs mainly new in store. (and can source many others)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:36 #5 

mark_bonsai
James, is this place "World of Rover" one of the breakers you can wander around?

This is the ECU you need James, and sorry it's not for sale as it's for my own retro fit. Unfortunately I'm going to have to make a loom as none of the connectors are in my car. :evil:

Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 23:04 #6 

James.uk
Hiya John.. I need the the cruise ECU that Mark has very kindly posted a picture of. If you have one, I will happily buy it from you, in fact I will come over to get it complete with coffee n choccy bikkies if ya like! :D :) Or-- We could meet at the "Romper" (Next to the Concorde viewing area, Mcr airport) and I could buy you a drink. :cheers: :)

Thank you for the pic Mark. :thumbsup: I think you can wander round WOR there are no big dogs or anything, sadly there are loads of Rovers there.

I decided to hang on to the bits I bought as someone will need them sooner or later.. :)

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 15:33 #7 

mark_bonsai
James.uk wrote:Thank you for the pic Mark. :thumbsup: I think you can wander round WOR there are no big dogs or anything, sadly there are loads of Rovers there.

Not a problem James, glad they're useful :D

I may have a wander over to WOR tomorrow afternoon, weather permitting. You never know what you'll find... :mrgreen:
Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 16:04 #8 

James.uk
I still need a diesel Cruise ECU. Any one know where i can get one please?

Mark kindly posted a pic of it above... :) ...Thanks...

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 15:55 #9 

JohnDotCom
Sorry James, been a bit hectic lately.
I haven't got the ECU but am making enquiries.
Away till next Monday.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 16:09 #10 

JohnDotCom
The part No: SCB100211 Electric control unit cruise control diesel £105.07 + VAT is still available new from XPart.

The other part Number SCB100212 is no longer available.
John

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 16:24 #11 

James.uk
Thank you John. :)

I have now placed an order with them.. So the waiting begins --- :| .....

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 18:02 #12 

JohnDotCom
If you get stuck
There is:
1 in Holland
2 in Italy
1 in France
that I can obtain for you.
John

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 18:32 #13 

James.uk
Hiya John. Thanks for looking for me, and i have now got one on order from Xpart. It's due to arrive here the end of this week. *fingers crossed* ...

I have now got the 3 hole fingy (thanks to Mark Bonsai) for my switch, so I am just waiting for the ECU to arrive from Xpart and then I can start trying to remove the multi C/D player fingy from my glove box coz it's in my way. Then the glove box is coming out, and the search for the ECU plug begins.. uh ohhh .. :)

Anyone know if I can fit the ECU by removing the panel under, and behind it? The one that's held in by two big plastic slotted screws. Save me taking it all to bits. :roll:

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 13:09 #14 

tammyboy
I would say it would be possible James but probably pretty tricky i had a look in there when i was looking for cruise loom and could see how it all went together and where but pretty cramped .

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 00:26 #15 

James.uk
Cheers Tammy. :) I have hands the size of a JCB bucket so I guess its a shelf out job. :em: :)

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 01:01 #16