Word document modification by raistlin

raistlin
Help please?

I have several Word documents in A4 size that I want to convert to A5 so that I can print two per sheet of A4.

Can anybody tell me how to do so please?

Just changing it to A5 means the document just gets spread over two pages. What I want to do is proportionally scale the page down to A5
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Jan 2015, 16:46 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Apple computer.
I would use the print dialogue. Paper size A4. Scale 100%. Go to "Layout" select 2 pages per sheet. Then print. Or save as pdf or, both.

Hope this helps.

Posted 22 Jan 2015, 17:44 #2 

Dave
This looks like it might be what you are looking for, although also guessing that if it is, you'll have found this yourself already!

http://blog.prominenthosting.com/2009/0 ... soft-word/

Posted 22 Jan 2015, 17:51 #3 

Mad-Monkey
You can save to PDF and then do it through adobe reader as well. The last few editions of Word allowed saving to PDF with no add-ons or downloads.

Posted 22 Jan 2015, 18:29 #4 

raistlin
Thanks chaps :)

I didn't explain myself very well :( I'm sorry.

What I want to do is end up with individual files saved as A5 documents so I can print two different documents on one A4 sheet.
Paul

Posted 22 Jan 2015, 18:38 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Difficult sod. :D

How about, create the required document as you go. Retain A4 with 2 pages compiled from 2 separate documents, using page break to ensure data is correct for each page to print . Then do the print thing.

Posted 22 Jan 2015, 19:24 #6 

Jürgen
Like Mick suggested, look at the options of your printer driver in the first place. Press [ctrl]+[P] to get to the print dialogue box, then look for preferences or similar. There you should find a 'pages per sheet' option. When set to 2 am A4 document will be printed in A5 size. Put the paper back into the printer, add a page break at the beginning of the second one-page document and print it in the same way.

Would that be good enough?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 22 Jan 2015, 19:25 #7 

raistlin
OK - thanks Jürgen :)
Paul

Posted 22 Jan 2015, 19:26 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Omit page break in my last. Makes no snese.

Posted 22 Jan 2015, 19:33 #9