Women, cats, I give up by takestock

takestock
Firstly let me say I'm no cat lover, don't get me wrong, nice enough things but the knowledge that in an instant they can turn in to a thing that kills for fun puts me off. Anyway, there has been a black and white tom hanging around, a stray, so wife starts putting a bit of food out for it on a regular basis. this has slowly changed, I have cleaned a small area of my little shed and that's where its cat bed is for it to sleep, but it's not enough is it. Food is now in the dining room and as soon as the door is open on a morning in it trots for breakfast. I make sure it is out before I go to work. Now with wife working from home for a short while, came home at lunch and cat is asleep on my bed!! been there all morning. So i puts me foot down explaining i don't want a cat as a pet, don't mind putting food out for the cat, the hedgehogs, the fox, the doves and pigeons, squirrels, slugs, whatever else my missus likes to feed, but i don't want another pet, cats do nothing for me.

Well suddenly its all my fault, Wife throws cat food out of door, quickly followed by a launched cat, plenty of verbal about i'm a bully to poor animals and she is going to phone the RSPCA to have it put down and am i happy now.:(

I give up, think i shall go hide in me shed and work on some VIS (Variable Intake System) motors, trouble is the cat will be there staring at me :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 19:00 #1 

Last edited by takestock on 14 Sep 2011, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Wild life killing machines. Perfectly able to fend for themselves and should be fair game for my air rifle. I have to resort to the garden hose though as the former is somewhat illegal, more's the pity. :(

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 19:14 #2 

mark d3
my dog loves cats,in fact not seen the tomcat in my garden for a while for some reason
mark

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 19:21 #3 

Dallas
takestock wrote:I give up, think i shall go hide in me shed and work on some VIS motors, trouble is the cat will be there staring at me :(

:lol: :rolling: :clap:

Nope! you cant win......

I had to buy the wife and my daughters a little Yorkshire Toy T-Cup Terrier thingy, she is so small I mistake her for a real live gremlin (rat) :lol: she actually gets more attention than me..... :em:

Anyways! Cats, I'm not so much of a cat lover as they seem quite boring and as someone has said they kill the wildlife, what makes it worst is they bring it back home and leave it on your kitchen floor (thats when your wife may agree with you)...... :clap:

BUT! Cats are very relaxing pets, good for a happy healthy heart as they say...... :cheers:

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 20:20 #4 

kandyman
Not a cat lover here either î„š

I have a couple of spare motors that need some special takestock loving ;)

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 20:38 #5 

podge
We have had countless rescued Moggies over the years, this one sees herself as an art critic!!!...seriously though,if you don't like them (our vet loves them and our pocket)best to get a dog!

Posted 15 Sep 2011, 18:29 #6 

PaulT
podge wrote:We have had countless rescued Moggies over the years, this one sees herself as an art critic!!!...seriously though,if you don't like them (our vet loves them and our pocket)best to get a dog!

Yes Dogs.......

(our vet loves them and our pocket)

but worth every penny she is costing us at the moment
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 16 Sep 2011, 07:06 #7 

geesmith
Why not keep a carrier bag in the boot. When you see roadkill you can pop it in the bag then empty it secretly near the back door before you go in.
A few pheasant feathers and a maggot on the kitchen table should really seal moggs fate.

Posted 24 Sep 2011, 19:05 #8