Wolverhampton Nano Meet Sunday 24 March by Trebor (Page 7 of 7)

Bermudan 75
How about re-arranging the meet for a weekend in April?

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 02:40 #121 

Jürgen
Trebor wrote:
Mick wrote:Imessaged Jürgen, he's making his way over here so all's well.

Thanks for that Mick he did message me so he was stopped before he got too far

Although there hasn't been a proper Nano meet due to the severe weather conditions, the weekend has been a good one. I enjoyed the dinner with some of you on Saturday and I visited a friend on Sunday. :)

Now I do hope the snow will be gone before the next Nano event .... :mrgreen:

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 10:23 #122 

Trebor
glad you made the best of it Jürgen, always nice to see you and here's to the next time, you should get a visa lol !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 19:50 #123 

Jürgen
I hope I can arrange a trip for the next Nano, Rob.

Today the guys from the border agency at Dover wanted to have a close look at my car. Well, I had plenty of time, so I wasn't in a rush. After they had a look into the boot (that's what you expect them to do) they wanted to look under the bonnet, too. Nothing hidden there either. :mrgreen:

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 21:29 #124 

carlpenn
Jürgen wrote:I hope I can arrange a trip for the next Nano, Rob.

Today the guys from the border agency at Dover wanted to have a close look at my car. Well, I had plenty of time, so I wasn't in a rush. After they had a look into the boot (that's what you expect them to do) they wanted to look under the bonnet, too. Nothing hidden there either. :mrgreen:

When we went to visit Germany in 2007, they also dusted our Car for "Bomb" stuff (They told me the proper name I just cannot remember it), They even had a sniffer dog climb in the boot on top of our stuff, I jokingly asked if anyone was going to wash the Powder off my Car, I was greeted with a very frosty comment by a very arrogant guy.....:(
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 21:33 #125 

Jürgen
carlpenn wrote:When we went to visit Germany in 2007, they also dusted our Car for "Bomb" stuff (They told me the proper name I just cannot remember it), They even had a sniffer dog climb in the boot on top of our stuff, I jokingly asked if anyone was going to wash the Powder off my Car, I was greeted with a very frosty comment by a very arrogant guy.....:(

Joking can be dangerous, Carl, as most of these guys aren't able to see a joke. :(

I wouldn't like the dog hair in my car (as long as it's not from my dog). :hissyfit:

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 21:44 #126 

Trebor
Its obviously the number of times you are visiting these shores Jürgen making them suspicious, but not a pleasant experience I bet.

It happened to me once returning from a pop festival, car turned over by the police for drugs, nothing to find
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 26 Mar 2013, 17:57 #127 

Jürgen
Luckily it has been just a visual inspection, Rob, so nothing got messed up.

Posted 26 Mar 2013, 20:01 #128 

Trebor
Must have been admiring the quality of the car then
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 26 Mar 2013, 20:52 #129 

Duncan
Had a similar thorough dog inspection taking a work vehicle overseas. I was worried about the spaniels claws marking the hide!

Posted 26 Mar 2013, 21:01 #130 

Trebor
Definitely admiring the car in your case Duncan !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 26 Mar 2013, 21:18 #131