Wolverhampton Nano-Meet 11th March 2012 *Now with hot food* by raistlin (Page 1 of 10)

raistlin
The date of the first Wolverhampton Nano meet in 2012 is getting close.

The venue is the Teddybears Nursery grounds on Sunday 11 March and exact location details including postcode can be found on the Nano website, link in my signature below.

Meet will start around 10am, there will be an unlimited supply of tea/cofeee all day via the hot water urn running off the genny, and at lunchtime hot pork cobs/ baps with stuffing and crackling will be provided courtesy of Rob's good lady for all those in attendance in return for a small contribution to cover the cost of the catering supplies.

All that remains now is for you to put your name down and say what, if any, jobs you would like to be carried out on the day, governed by the usual nano rules that you also muck in yourselves, but the usual helpful crew will be there to help and advise along the way, and hopefully we will have a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) or two at the meet :)

A similar thread will be running on the Club forum so if you are a member of both just put your name down once on either one and when the time comes we will compile an overall list of those attending.

If you haven't yet visited the nano website please do so via the link in my signature

Hope to see a few of you there.

Please add your details in a post below and I will keep this original post updated as a sort of master list.

Members Attending:

Paul (Raistlin) Hoping to have my front bumper off to sort out my dicky xenon headlight.

Duncan (Duncan) Barring disasters

Jake (Jake Wilson)

Stephen (Starbug2) Awaiting confirmation

David (Monk) T4 Ninja

Mike (Rover418275)

Laurence (pob06)

Andy (psicobra) dimming interior light mod

Bernard

Craig (Cabbers1989)

Paul (PaulT)

Ben (TyphoonTT)

Martin (Chartermark)

Martin (Merl)

Les (Gren 24)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Feb 2012, 19:30 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 08 Mar 2012, 19:44, edited 15 times in total.

Duncan
I'm planning to attend with a T4. Will confirm closer to the time.

Posted 01 Feb 2012, 19:33 #2 

JakeWilson
Evening Paul,

Can I attend please? - don't think there's anything I need doing, but happy to muck in!

Jake

Posted 01 Feb 2012, 19:44 #3 

raistlin
See you there Jake :)
Paul

Posted 01 Feb 2012, 19:57 #4 

starbug2
maybe if bev lets me .....

Posted 01 Feb 2012, 23:14 #5 

raistlin
I'll list you as a possible then Stephen :)
Paul

Posted 02 Feb 2012, 06:37 #6 

Mad-Monkey
I will be there with T4 if needed :)

Posted 02 Feb 2012, 07:26 #7 

Trebor
T4 always needed, thanks, great to have you on board David, do you want to do my key at the meet ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Feb 2012, 09:20 #8 

Bermudan 75
Hi Rob,

Can you add me to the list please, I will use my renowned expertise at removing front bumpers to change light bulbs, to assist Paul.

Posted 02 Feb 2012, 10:38 #9 

Mad-Monkey
Trebor wrote:T4 always needed, thanks, great to have you on board David, do you want to do my key at the meet ?

Sure Rob, will sort it out for you :)

Posted 02 Feb 2012, 13:30 #10 

pob06
HI there, I've been chatting on the facebook page.

I'd like to come but as I mentioned am not looking for anything to be done (though I'm compiling a list of stuff :-) ) but to meet people, ooogle at your cars and get ideas for mine.

Doubtful I can help with mechanical stuff I'm afraid as I'm very broken after a motorbike crash last August (I hope to be off my sticks by the meet) but can provide sympathy, blond moments a GSOH and am happy to help out with providing teas n stuff.

Is it ok to confirm for sure nearer the time?

cheers
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 02 Feb 2012, 17:48 #11 

raistlin
By all means confirm when you can Laurence. I'll list you as awaiting confirmation mate :)
Paul

Posted 02 Feb 2012, 18:55 #12 

psicobra
me and teh mrs should be there if she cant make i should still be there it will be good to catch up with every one it's been too long.

Andy

Posted 03 Feb 2012, 09:34 #13 

Bernard
I posted my positive intentions on the Nano site some time ago. ;)

Do you want me on the list here?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 03 Feb 2012, 10:03 #14 

Trebor
Hi Bernard, although people have been able to put their names down on the nano website, we decided that when the meets get close, to run individual threads on both this and the club forum for names to go down.

The decision was taken as we thought because the nano website is hidden behind the weblink, people might not keep up to date with developments or in fact put their names down when they are coming or in fact remove their names if they cant make it, all of which are essential for the catering side of the meets.

Putting threads direct on the forums also highlights the meet more and keeps it at the forefront each time a member posts on the thread plus it follows the usual meet convention.

So apologies if there is any duplication, but i hope you now see why we have done it this way, Paul is running this thread so no doubt he will be along later to add your name

I have also noted that a couple of members have their names down on both club and community, just to say there is no need as both lists will be merged just before the meet itself
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 03 Feb 2012, 13:56 #15 

psicobra
Hi Paul thanks for remembering my dimming mirror can't wait to have that working also arctic is doing my handbrake mod and i'm hoping the monk can get my car on the T4 and turn off the automatic locking it's driving the Mrs nuts she keeps blaming me for her not remembering to unlock the car before she gets out.

Andy

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 14:49 #16 

Mad-Monkey
lol :) I'll turn that off for you chief. Did your car have the spinning lock?

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 15:08 #17 

psicobra
yes thats right we were unable to fix it couldn't get the door to bits lol i am crap with cars give me a laptop and i'm fine lol

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 15:52 #18 

Bernard
I am going to fit a remote boot release cable to my car if I have it off SORN by then.

I would appreciate some intellectual input on the day. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 16:04 #19 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:I am going to fit a remote boot release cable to my car

Where is yours broken Bernard?
Paul

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 16:21 #20