Wolverhampton Nano-Meet 11th March 2012 *Now with hot food* by raistlin (Page 5 of 10)

Trebor
Sorry guys but I regret to say that there will not be any hot food provided at the meet next weekend.

The main reason for this is the estimated number of people attending is now approaching 50 which is double what we normally get at these one day nano meets, and it is just too much for swmbo to do from a small kitchen on this occasion.

We have tried to think of ways around it but to cap it all swmbo has now been called into work on Saturday which was the day she had set aside for cooking and getting fresh bread etc so it is now just not possible.

There will still be an unlimited supply of tea/coffee and I will get some extra biscuits for the day for a much smaller contribution from everyone just to cover costs.

Dont forget for those interested quite a few members will be meeting for a 9am breakfast which should set you up for the day anyway and is located just off Junction 11 of the M6. ( see my post above )

I know the hot food has been a part of all the previous nano meets at the nursery and has always gone down well but I hope you understand why it cant be done next week.

On the plus side it will be great to see so many cars at the meet and to meet old and new members as the nano meets go from strength to strength

looking forward to seeing you all next week
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 18:48 #81 

raistlin
That might not be such a bad thing for at least one of us Rob :lol:

I certainly don't believe that it'll spoil the day.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 19:39 #82 

Last edited by raistlin on 05 Mar 2012, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

starbug2
we are good at making do and i'm sure we can get by and i'm sure our lot can survive and put their mind to anything

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 19:49 #83 

Bernard
I will just have to get up early to make it for breakfast, haven't had a cooked one for years.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 19:53 #84 

Ragman
Know this is a long shot this late in the process but would there be room for me at the meet and anyone available to show me, a self confessed ham-fisted numpty, how to fit powerfolds? (Have the door looms). It's a 180 mile trip each way so may not make breakfast

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 20:19 #85 

Bernard
Ragman wrote:Know this is a long shot this late in the process but would there be room for me at the meet and anyone available to show me, a self confessed ham-fisted numpty, how to fit powerfolds? (Have the door looms). It's a 180 mile trip each way so may not make breakfast

Plenty of room for you, Colin, you're nowhere near as big as some of us. :gmc:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 20:20 #86 

raistlin
Ragman wrote:Know this is a long shot this late in the process but would there be room for me at the meet and anyone available to show me, a self confessed ham-fisted numpty, how to fit powerfolds? (Have the door looms). It's a 180 mile trip each way so may not make breakfast

Fitting powerfolds shouldn't be too much of a problem Colin :)
Paul

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 20:21 #87 

Ragman
In that case I'll be there - many thanks

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 20:23 #88 

Last edited by Ragman on 08 Mar 2012, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

Bermudan 75

Easy peasy, I will bring my hammer and chisel....

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 23:41 #89 

Ragman
Great - I can adjust my handbrake as well

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 00:16 #90 

Gren 24
Hi hope to see you all on Sunday,
Do not need any jobs doing, but willing to help out on any jobs.

Les

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 16:46 #91 

raistlin
See you there Les :)
Paul

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 18:11 #92 

Ragman
Anyone any good at re-soldering connectors to the rear screen - only half of mine works

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 22:33 #93 

Trebor
Weather forecast for Sunday is ok , sun and cloud but no rain
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 08 Mar 2012, 10:23 #94 

raistlin
We now have a catering van for the event providing hot and cold drinks, bacon sandwiches, burgers etc. etc.

They will be there at 10:00 and ready to serve at 10:45.

If we like them and they like us, it will be a regular occurrence for the Teddybear's meets which will take a load of work off Rob and Jayne.
Paul

Posted 08 Mar 2012, 19:47 #95 

Mad-Monkey
Cool, are we still doing the tea urn? Just wondering whether you still need the milk :)

Posted 08 Mar 2012, 20:50 #96 

raistlin
Monk wrote:Cool, are we still doing the tea urn? Just wondering whether you still need the milk :)

The van does hot and cold drinks David - HOWEVER, I know Rob is still keen to do drinks so useful to have an alternative :)
Paul

Posted 08 Mar 2012, 20:58 #97 

Trebor
David, the tea urn won't now
be there but I expect a few members to bring their portable stoves as usual , so a bit of extra milk might be appreciated as long as it Is no trouble, don't bring as much
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 08 Mar 2012, 21:24 #98 

Ragman
On the generator issue - I have a brand new, never used, little 800w version I could bring along

Posted 08 Mar 2012, 21:51 #99 

Mad-Monkey
I'll bring 4 pints then :)

I don't kow if a genny was sorted, but an extra wouldn't hurt if its no trouble. There's two T4s and there were some detailers last it e too I believe! :)

Posted 08 Mar 2012, 22:04 #100