Wolverhampton Nano-Meet 11th March 2012 *Now with hot food* by raistlin (Page 3 of 10)

Jürgen
Chartermark wrote:Probably a connection somewhere, if anyone can help?

Hello Martin. One of the connectors on top of the fuel filter could be the culprit. I got rid of the warning light by securing the plug with a cable tie.

Posted 19 Feb 2012, 21:55 #41 

raistlin
Chartermark wrote:I'd like to be there. My only problem is the engine light staying on - no symptoms, just the light.

An OBD2 scanner showed, it might just be a MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) sensor, but really needs a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) to be more definitive perhaps?

Probably a connection somewhere, if anyone can help?

I feel sure we can get it sorted out between us Martin :)

Possibly a T4 session might be of use?

Added to the list.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Feb 2012, 22:09 #42 

Chartermark
Thanks Paul and Jürgen, I've tried fiddling (nervously) with a few wires, but feel sure once I can watch what to do practically, I can be ready for the next time.

I've also heard the Synergy MAF connection can be pernickety too? Anyway she runs superbly, is currently returning over 37mpg (in mid-winter), so the omnipresent light is a good enough excuse for the trip!

Posted 19 Feb 2012, 23:03 #43 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Paul.
I shall be there with my other half and bruno as per usual i will have several plenum trays with spyhole mod already done for exchange, and i will have a few handbrake compensators i have got two people booked so far to have the handbrake mod done, I too could do with a T4 session if possible to accertain if the Tourer is being fed properly with fuel as i have having a lot of flat spots / surging at around 1400-1800 revs it maybe the Maff out of sinc hopefully by the 11th i will have found out by elimination. I have cleaned the mani fold the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) the MAP sensor by then i will have changed the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) filter again air filter i can hear both pumps working and never let my fuel fall below 3/4 tank.

So hopefully the T4 will help one way or the other cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 09:16 #44 

raistlin
Steve, I assume your name is already down elsewhere so I won't add it here mate.

Looking forward to seeing Gail and Bruno again. Not sure about you though :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 18:53 #45 

Trebor
the attendance list is already big and growing taken across the 2 forums, approx 30 i reckon so looks like being another gud un !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 20:56 #46 

starbug2
:lol: :lol: who knows i may even take a photo or 2 :lol: :lol:

Posted 21 Feb 2012, 23:00 #47 

Mad-Monkey
Swordy on the otherside contacted me and I suggested he come to the nano. He was after puddle lights and LEDs in the interior door handles, and the handbrake mod, plus a couple of checks. Not sure if he made contact with anyone though. :)

Posted 22 Feb 2012, 12:57 #48 

Trebor
thanks David, Swordy has not registered to come on either forum yet maybe he will do so following your suggestion
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 26 Feb 2012, 09:38 #49 

Arctic
(Trader)
raistlin wrote:Steve, I assume your name is already down elsewhere so I won't add it here mate.

Looking forward to seeing Gail and Bruno again. Not sure about you though :lol:

Think i maybe down but will have to turn up as i am the personal driver of Mrs G and Bruno so am afraid you are stuck with me :lol: see ya soon
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 26 Feb 2012, 22:15 #50 

Trebor
Ok guys an update on the nano meet which is closing in fast, some of us will be going for an early breakfast so if you fancy it meet for food at 9am, dont worry about getting back to the venue from there as there will be members you can follow back in convoy

Breakfast 9am at the cafe just off J12 M6 as below

http://www.transportcafe.co.uk/a5cafe1.html

If you dont want breakfast come directly to the meet at the nursery

http://www.wolverhamptonnanomeets.com/meet-locations.html

Meets starts at 10.15 - 10.30 at the nursery and ends when it gets dark usually and we can no longer see !

I reckon that there are about 35 cars and 41 people at the last count but some of these are possibles so can i ask those of you who are possibles to firm up your commitment or let me know if you cannot make it, and the same applies to anyone else who may have their names down but now cannot come for whatever reason.

I ask because i need accurate numbers as far as possible for the catering supplies which i will be buying over the next week.

As a reminder there will be an unlimited supply of tea/coffee plus biscuits all day just help yourselves whenever you want a brew and at lunchtime my good lady will be supplying pork cobs/baps with stuffing/apple sauce if required.

For those of you who are new to the nano we expect a contribution to be placed in the honesty box that will be at the meet to cover the cost of all the catering supplies. At previous meets the suggested amount has been £5 each which has just about covered all the costs and represents excellent value for what you will get.

There is no intention to make any profit and should there be any surplus it will be donated 50/50 to the club/community.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the first Midlands Nano of 2012
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 28 Feb 2012, 22:53 #51 

TyphoonTT
Hi Rob.

Don't think I'll be able to make this now, as she's off the road until . . . . . . .

she's fixed . . . . . again. :mrgreen: :hissyfit:

Posted 28 Feb 2012, 22:57 #52 

Trebor
I did wonder Ben having seen your recent posts, hope you get it sorted soon and thanks for letting me know
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 28 Feb 2012, 23:26 #53 

Bermudan 75
Hi Rob,

Is the Hollies the cafe we met up at last October where they served the mega breakfast that tested the suspension of our cars?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 28 Feb 2012, 23:52 #54 

PaulT
Yve was going to come as well - do peoples other halves also come? If so there will be two of us.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 29 Feb 2012, 07:59 #55 

Duncan
Some other halves come along, some don't. For example I believe Gail is coming along as well as Steve (Arctic).

Posted 29 Feb 2012, 08:01 #56 

PaulT
Thanks Duncan - in that case there will be two
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 29 Feb 2012, 08:02 #57 

Trebor
Yes mike the very same one so if you are joining us wear your expanding trousers
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 29 Feb 2012, 13:22 #58 

Bernard
I'm still coming but I will not be in the V8, not putting it back on the road until the end of March soonest. The old winter Range Rover is proving far too useful!
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 29 Feb 2012, 19:21 #59 

Trebor
Wouldn't be the same without you Bernard
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 29 Feb 2012, 20:26 #60