With what... by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
... shall we do it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8352954/Libya-Cameron-proposes-no-fly-zone-to-protect-Libyan-people-from-attacks-by-Gaddafi-loyalists.html

Because we sure as hell don't have any aeroplanes to speak of.

Apparently we are going to provide 'troop on the ground' if required as well. It seems our soldier will pop over to Libya at weekends but he has to be back in Afghanistan by 08:00 Monday mornings.

Seems like our armed force is going to be a busy chap :( :gmc:

Oh, and while I'm ranting, we had a union meeting today and apparently, the government will not answer any questions regarding the 25000 civil servants they want to sack from the MoD.

The unions, understandably, would like to see if those figures can be minimised and so would like to see figures and costings. Little wonder the government is being tight-lipped then as there is a leaked document in e-mail form confirming that there are no figures or costings. The value of 25000 was just thrown out as a nice soundbite for a gullible public. They have already decided that the MoD could not function with this many sackings though so as soon as they have done so, they will start recruiting for new civil servants for the MoD.

They have also decided that to save money, they will fill civil service jobs with military staff.

For example, I am the civil service equivalent to an army Lieutenant-Colonel. My civil service salary is less than £45000, a mid range Lt. Col. is on £70561.

How does that save money?

Oh, I forgot, MoD uses a different calculator to the one the real world uses.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 20:32 #1 

MN190
The MOD must have put it out for tender then.
So it will be more expensive and later than expected.

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 20:48 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
UK support for no fly zone.

UK pilot to US pilot "clean your windscreen sir" Bloody shambles.

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 21:25 #3 

JohnDotCom
With half the new Pilots being "sacked" and others with only a few weeks training left being laid off, your have no one to train Paul. :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 13:32 #4 

podge
The son of a colleage at work has just got his "wings" with the RAF,now no job......so has been snapped up by the U.S.Navy as an F18 pilot...........good to know all our hard earned cash will help defend those over the other side of"The Pond" :confused:

Posted 03 Mar 2011, 19:06 #5 

JohnDotCom
Always good employment still in Aviation in the good old USA Pete. ;)
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Mar 2011, 19:13 #6 

Zeb
JohnDotCom wrote:Always good employment still in Aviation in the good old USA Pete. ;)

I think a certain Colonel 'My People Love Me' Gaddaffi may have some vacancies right now.... :?

Posted 03 Mar 2011, 19:20 #7 

JohnDotCom
Zeb wrote:
JohnDotCom wrote:Always good employment still in Aviation in the good old USA Pete. ;)

I think a certain Colonel 'My People Love Me' Gaddaffi may have some vacancies right now.... :?

I see on the news that some Pilots have landed in other Countries rather than bomb their fellow countrymen. :clap:
That must be a bit costly loosing planes without a shot fired.
John

Posted 03 Mar 2011, 19:24 #8 

Zeb
Duncan
I know where you can get 4 Hercs cheap right now. You'll have to collect them yourself of course, oh and put them back together first:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6_eHhH__mn8/T ... C_0038.JPG

But at least they are on an airfield. OK so it's been disused for sixty years except as a driver training, but you could jump the potholes......

Posted 10 Mar 2011, 21:36 #10 

Jürgen
Zeb wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12707222
;) :D

BBC wrote:The Ministry of Defence will not comment on the decision beyond saying that in the current circumstances, it is assessing if it might extend the life of what defence experts say are crucial assets.

So why wanted the MoD get rid of crucial assets in the first place then? :confused:

Posted 12 Mar 2011, 12:31 #11 

raistlin
Jürgen wrote:So why wanted the MoD get rid of crucial assets in the first place then? :confused:

Quite simply because those with the power to do so are bean-counters, not soldiers Jürgen :evil:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Mar 2011, 14:22 #12 

Jürgen
Aha, nothing special, same as here then. :roll:

Posted 12 Mar 2011, 21:20 #13