Wiring/fusebox help for auxiliary power socket by SpongeBob

SpongeBob
Which fuse should I be looking for when wiring up an auxiliary power socket? I've not yet looked at the fuse board layout and neither have I had to wire anything up to the fuse box before so is it a simple job? In the past all my other projects have involved splicing into existing wires.

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 16:22 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Simon the wires are already in the fuse box for you, I put them there. They are terminated in a connector block. You will just need to pick up a suitable earth from somewhere, I think there is one by the handbrake.

You just need to run some suitable cable, I think I used 30amp and link straight into the connector block and the other end to the accessory socket. I also piggy backed the illumination from the cigar lighter, but I dont think the accessory socket is illuminated on the one you have.

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 16:32 #2 

SpongeBob
Thank you very much! :) Is there anything you didn't do? :lol: :thumbsup:

I'll find some suitable wiring then wire it in :)

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 17:05 #3 

Mad-Monkey
SpongeBob wrote:Thank you very much! :) Is there anything you didn't do? :lol: :thumbsup:

I'll find some suitable wiring then wire it in :)

Sunroof!

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 17:48 #4 

SpongeBob
Well... if I find a pearl black car at a breakers yard with a sunroof! :o :panic: :gmc:

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 18:28 #5 

Jürgen
SpongeBob wrote:Well... if I find a pearl black car at a breakers yard with a sunroof! :o :panic: :gmc:

Colour doesn't matter, it's made of glass. To make room for it you just need a disc grinder ... :mrgreen:

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 20:07 #6 

SpongeBob
Jürgen wrote:
SpongeBob wrote:Well... if I find a pearl black car at a breakers yard with a sunroof! :o :panic: :gmc:

Colour doesn't matter, it's made of glass. To make room for it you just need a disc grinder ... :mrgreen:

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:
:lol:

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 20:11 #7