Windows 7 "shared folder" by raistlin

raistlin
A question for the computer gurus please.

I want to stream video from my Windows 7 PC to my Samsung BD-P3600 BluRay player.

I have a wired Ethernet connection which connects to internet (Youtube) no problem but, although it sees my PC, it cannot see a "shared folder"

Can anybody advise please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Jan 2012, 21:43 #1 

ceedy
I've set up the Free Proggy " Serviio" for doing just that .. sending movies from a PC to a Sony BluRAY via a pair of home plug types .. works very well ..
.. worth a go ..

http://www.serviio.org/download

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 19 Jan 2012, 12:06 #2 

raistlin
Thanks Chris, but I can't make head nor tail of that :(
Paul

Posted 19 Jan 2012, 19:18 #3 

ceedy
eh wot !! :-D download it .... run the installerm reboot to start the serviio service .

Then go into the serviio console just set the Video folder path to your folder where your movies are.

Will take a short while to up date the library with you files if you have a lot .

Then fire up your DVD and use the menu system to find the Serviio proggy via your network .

Done!! :gmc:

PS one proviso! your movies do have to be in a format your DVD can understand and play ??

Mpeg/ AVI/ divx ?? MKV ??
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 20 Jan 2012, 00:19 #4 

raistlin
Thanks Chris.

My Bluray player doesn't see the Serviio program :(
Paul

Posted 20 Jan 2012, 07:44 #5 

ceedy
hmm... could be a few things .. could get a bit more complicated ..

Does serviio console list any devices ( ie your bluray?) that will show the actual network is working ok .

The firewall either in Windoze or in you router could be blocking.

Check the bluray's IP address is showing corectly in serviio..

have a read here

http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4857

there a fair bit of help on the servio forum
when I set this up all I did was just load in and it all worked ??

Posted 20 Jan 2012, 11:44 #6 

raistlin
OK, thanks for the extra help Chris :) It's much appreciated.

I have now solved the problem though :lol:

I was calling my Shared folder "videos" and there is already another folder on my PC with the same name, albeit on a different drive so my shared folder was being seen as a network resource called "videos2"

As soon as I told the BluRay player to look for "videos2" all worked properly.

Thanks again for the help though. I'll keep Serviio and perhaps have another look in the future.
Paul

Posted 20 Jan 2012, 17:22 #7