True and funny story about elecs --
I wanted to remove some ceiling panels when working on a building site refurb job.. In the room I was in, I could see a hole in the ceiling with a load of wires hanging down, So having checked that all elecs were off on the site, by asking the sparks, who told me he had removed the main fuse boxes completely so all the wiring on site was dead.. I then asked a plasterer who was working nearby if he minded me using the tall wooden steps that were there, he OKed it, and orf up the steps I went.
On the way up I gently pushed the cluster of wires that were hanging down to one side, and went on up the steps. Having had a good look over the ceiling, and decided which tiles I needed to remove, I started back down the steps, as I got near the bottom I heard a faint crackling sound, then as I stepped off the steps the plasterer glanced my way and quietly said "your hairs on fire mate" before continuing his work. I ran both hands through my hair a few times extremely quickly!
then asked him if it was out?? he glanced my way again and said casually "it seems to be, there's a bucket of water in the other room if you need it".. and he continued plastering the wall he was working on without another word!!!
It turned out that the wiring was still live, and as I came down the steps it had passed through my hair, in so doing it had sparked and set me on fire!!!
I ended up with a huge bald patch on the back of me bonce for a couple of weeks, but luckily, no burns whatsoever.. No thanks to that plasterer though!! he clearly wasn't bovvered!