Wikileaks by Tourerfogey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Tourerfogey
Haven't taken much notice of the news lately, or bought a newspaper, as I find there are less things to worry about that way :roll:

Anyway, can someone fill me in on this Wikileak business please.

Where did they get all the info?
Whay have the Yanks not done anything about it?
Why has the website not been closed down?

:confused: :confused:

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 14:02 #1 

Dave Goody
or even bombed! :D

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 14:24 #2 

Bermudan 75
I beleive that an American serviceman in the intelligence branch (bit of a misdescription), :stirer: downloaded the files and sent them to Wikileaks.

The Yanks would normally send a cruise missile, but then that would mean carrying out a 'friendly fire' action......... actually perhaps they already have, but missed. :thumbsup:

The Wikileaks server that was based in the USA has switched them off, but Wikileaks just moved to another country.

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 14:52 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Tourerfogey wrote:Haven't taken much notice of the news lately, or bought a newspaper, as I find there are less things to worry about that way :roll:

Anyway, can someone fill me in on this Wikileak business please.

Tourerfogey wrote:Where did they get all the info?

As per Mikes answer
Tourerfogey wrote:Whay have the Yanks not done anything about it?

Wikileaks was originally hosted on Amazon servers, they were forced to take it down after pressure from the "septics"
Tourerfogey wrote:Why has the website not been closed down?

A website cannot be closed down by external forces, only the server company hosting them can do that. Once done it is just a matter of uploading to a new server elsewhere.

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 14:59 #4 

JohnDotCom
More on leaks and Wikileaks can be seen here: http://213.251.145.96/

They have had over $10Million in donations donated so far this month to help in legal cases against them or otherwise.
They have a complete backup system and its most read in the USA believe it or not.
A new leader is already for when this one gets arrested and they have many thousand more damaging "leaks" if that happens.

Some of it come under the freedom laws in USA and covered by one of the amendments.
About and the aims etc are here: http://213.251.145.96/about.html
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 15:02 #5