Why can't Poppy join??? by James.uk (Page 2 of 4)

Ragman
Poppy1 wrote:Hiya.Just logged in from Internet explorer... I use Firefox normally....Cannot log in there for some reason...Anyway, nice to finally get through...lol. Poppy

Welcome aboard - very friendly bunch over here :clap: :thumbsup:

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 00:53 #21 

James.uk
Hiya Poppy, nice to see you finaly made it.. :D

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 01:34 #22 

takestock
Welcome talong to the community Poppy :).
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 06:05 #23 

JohnDotCom
Well glad you can now join us, strange as members do use FF.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 09:16 #24 

James.uk
It's worse than strange, Poppy can't get back in again, seems she has tried the "forgot password" route but that wont work either.. :confused:

She PM'd me for help but I know nothing about websites so can't assist.. :confused: :em: Seems she is back to square one............................ :roll:

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 14:39 #25 

Chartermark
Well done Poppy, it's a good job you made it OK.

James was becoming increasingly concerned upon your behalf, and was obviously off to his closet to don the chain-mail and armour.

Jolly chivalrous of you James, old bean!

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 14:55 #26 

Chartermark
James.uk wrote:It's worse than strange, Poppy can't get back in again, seems she has tried the "forgot password" route but that wont work either.. :confused:

She PM'd me for help but I know nothing about websites so can't assist.. :confused: :em: Seems she is back to square one............................ :roll:

A rum do - James is your second name 'Bond'? Clearly some espionage afoot here from our rivals methinks?

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 14:59 #27 

James.uk
Ellow Martin.. Glad you got home OK. I was a bit concerned that you might come to grief through playing with your lecky seats on the way home.. :lol:

Yep Poppy's case does seem rather odd innit.. But we have good peeps about who can help her.. :D

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 15:15 #28 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I and my colleagues, some of whom are particularly brilliant cannot fathom what is the problem with Poppies browsers, several of us have logged in using the same details, with various browsers on various platforms including Linux, Mac and Windoze, that she has without issue. The fact that she was having trouble with FF and then switched to IE which worked successfully at least twice to my knowledge, now is having the same issue with IE is beyond being able to troubleshoot at a distance. There are no problems with this site and again to my knowledge no other users have had any problem registering or logging in and using the site. With 3-4 new users registering daily, several of which have registered successfully since Poppies initial registration issue, if there were any other instances I'm sure we would have known by now.

I'm sorry but we are at loss as to how to resolve her problem.

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 16:13 #29 

suzublu
Do you think that when she initially logged on & when firefox, or ie asked if the log on details were to be remembered, that they remembered incorrect details,& that now when she tries to log on,it's always the wrong details? If you know what i mean? :confused:

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 16:29 #30 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Taking all that into account Ronnie. Initially she was not able to register at all using FF. I then manually set up an account for her, she was unable to log on using FF. I then deleted that account and set up another. She was still unable to log on with FF. Then she tried with IE and successfully logged on once at around 01.00 and again this morning.

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 16:48 #31 

James.uk
Hmmm, well if Poppy logged in twice I think that qualifies her as a member innit? The fact that she can't actually talk on here could be seen as a bonus innit.. lmho :lol:

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 17:43 #32 

Poppy
Wow what a pallava i have had. I have found that i can only log in from explora, not firefox that i usually use... Ah well, got there in the end. lol. Poppy
If you always do what you've always done... You will always get what You've always got.

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 19:27 #33 

James.uk
Ellow Pops, are you stopping or is this a flying visit. ? :D

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 19:33 #34 

JohnDotCom
Cannot fathom a reason for FireFox problem as said earlier in thread we checked it on multiple machines and Browsers. :confused:

I've just logged on and replied to this thread using Firefox. :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 19:49 #35 

Poppy
Hiya. I'll give you not being able to talk..grrrr. lol. Am a bit busy with a thread i have created as you know James.....But i WILL be back.. Poppy
If you always do what you've always done... You will always get what You've always got.

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 20:03 #36 

kandyman
Now it looks like you here to stay I'll say hello ;)

Hope you enjoy the community as much as you have the club.

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 20:07 #37 

Poppy
kandyman wrote:Now it looks like you here to stay I'll say hello ;)

Hope you enjoy the community as much as you have the club.

eeeeeeek. Not that Kandyman off the telly..? :confused: :shock: ..lol. Poppy

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 20:12 #38 

Merl
Welcome Poppy,

Glad you managed to get on somehow even if it did mean resorting to explorer...
Martin

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 20:14 #39 

Poppy
LOL. YES, Hate explorer with a passion.....Thanks to all who have welcomed me...Poppy

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 20:19 #40