Which screenwash? by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
I've just used up the last of my Decosol and was wondering what you lot use in your screenwasher bottles :)

I've been tempted to try Sonax stuff but it costs an arm and a leg.

Does anybody have any views please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Dec 2011, 21:11 #1 

mark_bonsai
I use the stuff from Lidl. £5 for 5 litres and rated to -60 when used neat. Superb!
Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 10 Dec 2011, 00:24 #2 

Duncan
mark_bonsai wrote:I use the stuff from Lidl. £5 for 5 litres and rated to -60 when used neat. Superb!

Me too. That or Aldi.

Posted 10 Dec 2011, 09:23 #3 

Bermudan 75
Got 2 x 5 litres for the price of one last summer from Halfrauds.

Posted 10 Dec 2011, 10:32 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
I went to Halfords today to pick up some Antifreeze and noticed outside the front door they have the 3 for 2 sale on screen wash as in the link below.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_255225
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 10 Dec 2011, 18:08 #5 

PaulT
Always like how they sell 'ready to use' screenwash - that water costs a hell of a lot.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Dec 2011, 13:21 #6 

Dave Goody
If it aint freezing Fairy liquids OK :-D Dave

Posted 22 Dec 2011, 21:40 #7 

Duncan
Dave Goody wrote:If it aint freezing Fairy liquids OK :-D Dave

Washing up liquids can be high in salt for water softening, so I'd rather avoid them.

Posted 23 Dec 2011, 09:23 #8 

Dave Goody
Duncan wrote:
Dave Goody wrote:If it aint freezing Fairy liquids OK :-D Dave

Washing up liquids can be high in salt for water softening, so I'd rather avoid them.

I believe these days the opposite? They make them slightly acidic to neutralise the calcium content of tap water, [so you dont get white marks on your glasses] I have used washing up liquid in the summer for 45 years and have never seen a paintwork or rust problem caused by it yet. Dave

Posted 30 Dec 2011, 14:37 #9 

Bermudan 75
and I bet your 'for hands that are as soft as your face use mild green Fairy liquid' :lol:

Posted 30 Dec 2011, 15:48 #10 

Jürgen
I'm using washing-up liquid for many years without any side effects now, as long as no antifreeze is needed.

When a well known German automobile association carried out a test of screen wash concentrates, a well known washing-up liquid has been the test winner, although just tested for comparison. :-o

BTW in the past I used OEM antifreeze from this company. :mrgreen:
But I've run out now and switched to XPart, alway looking for the best value for money.

Posted 30 Dec 2011, 18:10 #11 

chris@southlakes
(Trader)
Can't beat OAT5 for antifreeze to be honest .............. great stuff and it's the real deal for MG Rover? Screen wash? I like the Apple flavour one that XPart sell ;)

We don't just look after Mini's :)

Posted 09 Jan 2012, 22:05 #12 

Bermudan 75
Halfrauds do a nice scented pink one. :em:

Mike

Posted 10 Jan 2012, 11:02 #13