Where am I? by Bernard

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bernard
Following an exchange with Mick on another thread, I am reminded that some years ago I was listening to a particularly exciting one-day cricket match on the car radio.

I think we needed 13 runs from the final over against the Aussies with Lamb batting.

I was so engrossed with the excitement of it all that by the time that the match finished, I had absolutely no idea where I was. :shock:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 Sep 2010, 17:21 #1 

takestock
I think that's an age thing Mr B ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 26 Sep 2010, 17:37 #2 

Bernard
takestock wrote:I think that's an age thing Mr B ;)

Hmm! Just googled it and found it was 1987 so not quite so old then! ;)

Memory let me down on the number of runs needed from the last over though. It was 18, which he achieved with one ball to spare.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 Sep 2010, 18:48 #3 

JohnDotCom
I wondered where I was once......flying to America. :shock: :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Sep 2010, 18:51 #4 

Tourerfogey
I didn't know that you could use the words 'cricket' and 'exciting' in the same sentence without also using the word 'not' . . . :gmc:

Posted 26 Sep 2010, 21:25 #5 

Simon
Tourerfogey wrote:I didn't know that you could use the words 'cricket' and 'exciting' in the same sentence without also using the word 'not' . . . :gmc:

I remember saying to my Mum re: Cricket "I'd rather watch paint dry" :stirer:

I was met with a rather stern stare and "I loved stopping by the cricket ground and watching the matches on my way home from school" :em:

Funny really, I've been watching the 20/20 matches just recently. And No it's nothing to do with the cheerleaders!! :D :clap: :clap:
115,000 miles and counting

Posted 26 Sep 2010, 22:16 #6