Wheels, cannot make my mind up by takestock (Page 2 of 2)

sudderz71
Gridspokes to be honest but then i suppose i am biased. 8-)

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 22:45 #21 

Russ
(Trader)
Tootall wrote:
takestock wrote:. I do like the centres on the straights, thanks to russ there ;) )

Whats the story behind those centrecaps i have only seen them on the pre-launch photos of the ZS.

They are definately unique ;)
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 23:23 #22 

Samarkand
1st set looks great on the car, especially with that nut looking cap in the middle.
The second set suits the facelifts more, but it looks great on your car Dave.
Personally, I'd love to have the straights for my car some day, but I love my car's wheels too :)
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 06:46 #23 

1gp
hi , i have a set of grids and a set of hairpins , and think the hairpins look better on my car. as for yours, straights all the way. think the gridspokes look better on the facelift model. ;)

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 09:36 #24 

James.uk
I don't mind as long as the wheels keep yer cars bottom off the road. :D

But I would like to know why you have 19 wheels Dave??? :shock: You planning on building a road train or summit? :confused: :)

I have considered going over to 16 inch wheels on my car, but, is it worth £100's of pounds?? nope! .. So I will live with the standard ones till the tyres fall off I think.. :D

Orf topic..

Buying those light colour carpets last week was a daft trick! :roll: They look nice, but they are getting dirty already! :cry: So, anyone got a set of either black or dark grey front mats for sale?? I need those with an oval hole in the drivers side.. Plain would be ok I spose as I can swap the floor fixings over to another mat fairly easily, just means making two holes innit.. :)

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 10:24 #25 

RRobson
grids look miles better imo

james, keep some slippers in the car, and just change your shoes everytime you get in. your carpets will stay muck free then :mrgreen:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 11:01 #26 

Chartermark
"james, keep some slippers in the car, and just change your shoes everytime you get in. your carpets will stay muck free then :mrgreen:

Brilliant idea, why the hell have I never thought of this - do it at home - lateral thinking - thank you!

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 12:30 #27 

RRobson
its not a new idea, women have been doing it for years. its the whole

"i cant drive in those shoes, so ive got to take two pairs where ever i go so my outfit still matches"

:lol: :gmc:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 16:36 #28 

JakeWilson
Grids all the way!

Posted 24 Sep 2010, 12:30 #29 

James.uk
Hmmm Reece seems to be observing the ladies habits very closely innit. ;) :)

I get in and out of my car a lot, so basically can't be bothered to change shoes every time, though it is a good idea, cheers Reece. :)

And come to think about it, I don't actually have any slippers.. :? I did have some, wore em out years ago and never replaced em.. :confused:

Posted 24 Sep 2010, 13:14 #30