Wheel paint by Pedro

Pedro
Morning All,
Quick question - are all Rover 75 wheels painted in Sparkle Silver irrespective of wheel design and age? I've just managed to get myself a set of 5 Serpents. :D
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 07:24 #1 

DeuxGazoles
No but Serpents are ;)
Paint code is MNH in case you didn't know
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 08:04 #2 

Pedro
Thanks.
Peter

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 09:18 #3 

Pedro
I've been digging around on the internet and the serpent wheel centres with the old logo are in sparkle silver and the centres with the mk 2 logo are in liquid silver, so I imagine the wheel colours would be slightly different as well. My wheels come from a mk 1, so sparkle silver it is, but probably important to realise if buying replacement centre caps.
Peter

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 14:04 #4 

DeuxGazoles
I know later Meteors were Liquid Silver I think they use the same centres which probably explains it. Liquid Silver is the almost chrome like colour as also used on fork spokes MBS I think is the code & then there was Platinum Silver MVV which was used for Apexes &dusted over a black wheel to give the "shadow chrome" effect
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 19:52 #5 

tammyboy
Pedro wrote:Morning All,
Quick question - are all Rover 75 wheels painted in Sparkle Silver irrespective of wheel design and age? I've just managed to get myself a set of 5 Serpents. :D

Bit of a bargain if it was that set on ebay the other day with one wheel with a bit of a dent in it? 3 of them just need a good clean :clap:

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 23:30 #6 

Pedro
tammyboy wrote:Bit of a bargain if it was that set on ebay the other day with one wheel with a bit of a dent in it? 3 of them just need a good clean :clap:

It certainly was that set and, yes, a very good price. :D
The dent on one of the rims certainly looks fixable. It isn't losing any air but I'll probably be using that as the spare just to be safe. I've been on the lookout for some serpents for ages. They usually go for a silly price, so this was an opportunity not to be missed.
Peter

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 09:06 #7 

tammyboy
Pedro wrote:
tammyboy wrote:Bit of a bargain if it was that set on ebay the other day with one wheel with a bit of a dent in it? 3 of them just need a good clean :clap:

It certainly was that set and, yes, a very good price. :D
The dent on one of the rims certainly looks fixable. It isn't losing any air but I'll probably be using that as the spare just to be safe. I've been on the lookout for some serpents for ages. They usually go for a silly price, so this was an opportunity not to be missed.

Well done i stuck them in my watched items and went back a while later and they were sold ! I wasn't surprised and had no intention of buying them as that would have lead to a divorce i fear , just got a hot ear for buying this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Mind you that could have been cause the postie turned up at 08.30 on a saturday morning :bed:

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 10:20 #8