What pee’s you off about your car? by Lightpainter (Page 1 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Lightpainter
For me it’s the softness of the paint work, get a bit of bird poo on it and it melts right through, all other things I’m happy with apart from a broken rear coil spring!

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 08:09 #1 

zojosc
The constant need to check the water level. Yes 1.8 owner.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 08:12 #2 

Zeb
Needing an expensive T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) or expensive T4 session to make the most basic of changes..... :o

But who wants change? :D

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 08:21 #3 

Last edited by Zeb on 16 Jun 2010, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Mad-Monkey
Not having a V8! :cry:

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 08:31 #4 

Martin
Monk wrote:Not having a V8! :cry:

Having A V8 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 08:49 #5 

CDTi
The fact that I can't buy a new one.
:ireland:

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 08:50 #6 

Mad-Monkey
Martin wrote:
Monk wrote:Not having a V8! :cry:

Having A V8 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quite happy to take it off you to make you happy then!! :mrgreen: I won't even charge you for my services to make you happy!! :gmc:

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 09:07 #7 

DeuxGazoles
Can I just point out we don't get peed off on this forum ;)
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 09:13 #8 

Mad-Monkey
DeuxGazoles wrote:Can I just point out we don't get peed off on this forum ;)

Far too educated for that... we get petit pois :gmc:

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 09:22 #9 

DeuxGazoles
Monk wrote:Far too educated for that... we get petit pois :gmc:

Mange Tout Mange Tout :lol:

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 09:44 #10 

James.uk
All the high tech elec stuff that is supposed to help but ends up being the problem in most cases!!!! :hissyfit:

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 16:46 #11 

raistlin
Erm... nothing. Maybe I'm easily satisfied ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 16:54 #12 

JohnDotCom
Non height adjustment on front passenger seat as standard. (Her indoors always says such a uncomfortable ride/car because of that)
The rest is personal minor irritants.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 17:18 #13 

Bartonrover
Lightpainter wrote:For me it’s the softness of the paint work, get a bit of bird poo on it and it melts right through, all other things I’m happy with apart from a broken rear coil spring!

Not all 75s have soft paintowrk. My '99 Wedgwood paintwork is still superb! Had a 2002 British Racing Green Tourer though and it chipped incredibly easy (was that too hard or too soft?) to show the white primer underneath and yes, a peacock's "present" did cause some problems to the pearlescent finish.

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 21:03 #14 

RRobson
Bartonrover wrote:
Lightpainter wrote:For me it’s the softness of the paint work, get a bit of bird poo on it and it melts right through, all other things I’m happy with apart from a broken rear coil spring!

Not all 75s have soft paintowrk. My '99 Wedgwood paintwork is still superb! Had a 2002 British Racing Green Tourer though and it chipped incredibly easy (was that too hard or too soft?) to show the white primer underneath and yes, a peacock's "present" did cause some problems to the pearlescent finish.

i have to agree with you, my BRG saloon is covered in chips and scratches. it winds me up seeing all the blemishes but i then go on to think how shiny it looks when polished, and how little it has cost me :mrgreen:

main thing that annoys me is the very tempermantal cooling system. always seems to have a problem. wont be as much as a worry when the sensor gets installed...
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 21:11 #15 

James.uk
A Hans gauge is essential on the petrol engined cars. . Filler cap is a known weak point, as is the big "L" shaped pipe under the front end. They are also prone to leaking around the thermo housing hiden in the "V" of the engine.. Nice cars though the 2.5 :) ..

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 22:07 #16 

RRobson
James.uk wrote:A Hans gauge is essential on the petrol engined cars. . Filler cap is a known weak point, as is the big "L" shaped pipe under the front end. They are also prone to leaking around the thermo housing hiden in the "V" of the engine.. Nice cars though the 2.5 :) ..

i shouldnt need a hans gauge when i install my coolant level sensor if the bloke thats making the electrickery bit gets back to me :| (he's got a hectick work schedule atm so he says bare with him) as for the rest, it was all ok on the 5th, so hopefully it will get mme through the summer problem free :4:

good advice though on where to look james :thumbsup: but radiator should be checked aswell ;)
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 16 Jun 2010, 22:37 #17 

DeuxGazoles
JohnDotCom wrote:The rest is personal minor irritants.

You can get ointment for that :gmc:

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 07:26 #18 

Samarkand
The fact that I'm 4000 km or so away from her :cry:
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 10:39 #19 

carlpenn
The only thing that pee's me off about my Car is the lack of a Wood / Leather Steering wheel and maybe how much of a pain it is to change the rear spark plugs.......I have big hands and its such a small space........lol
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 16:26 #20