What on earth is going on??? by podge (Page 2 of 4)

Tourerfogey
I wholeheartedly agree with Zeb, these scum are behaving like dangerous wild animals and should be treated as such.

With apologies to the animal kingdom.

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 12:52 #21 

JohnDotCom
They are acting worse than a pack of animals, as said.........so put them down! Simples.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 15:37 #22 

raistlin
It has started up in Wolverhampton :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 16:42 #23 

RichardGarner
Mindless vnadalism and theft from the lowest our society has to offer and the majority are my age!! It sickens me how I work my arse off and earn peanuts for my efforts and yet the "needy" use something totally un related to start behaving like they live in some hard up ghetto where the authorites have disrespected them so they go on a rampage. They surely must realise that by trashing their local community and shops etc. the places that potentially would have offered part time jobs for them have now gone up in flames!!

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 18:58 #24 

Tourerfogey
RichardGarner wrote:Mindless vnadalism and theft from the lowest our society has to offer and the majority are my age!! It sickens me how I work my arse off and earn peanuts for my efforts and yet the "needy" use something totally un related to start behaving like they live in some hard up ghetto where the authorites have disrespected them so they go on a rampage. They surely must realise that by trashing their local community and shops etc. the places that potentially would have offered part time jobs for them have now gone up in flames!!

You seem to forget that they are have no brains . . .

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 19:33 #25 

kandyman
My local shops in welling shut up early today and boarded up their windows.

So I have heard rumours that 200 millwall lads have turned up in Eltham (near me) to back up the police.

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 21:10 #26 

zojosc
My Dad God bless him lost five years of his youth for this country, only to come back in 1945 to have the responsibility of bringing up five younger brothers and sisters as his father had passed away.
These mindless yobs are nothing but scum and vermin and until they are treated with such distain will things in this country get better.
The PM says bouyantly that if they are old enough to do the crime then they are old enough to do the time.....Proove it!! It wont happen, just look at past cases.
This was so say started by a gangster with a gun,now there is an upeavil because the policeman shot first? Sorry but I thought guns were illegal,"don't carry one-don't get shot simple"!
This country has had it for me and if finances were available I would be gone.40yrs of working to end up with no pride of the country of my origin leaves me very sad,
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 21:32 #27 

Ragman
Think there a lot of people feeling much the same way

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 21:53 #28 

Jürgen
That is awful. So many livelihoods are being destroyed for nothing. :(
I hope the police will get the scum off the streets soon. Although I doubt there is an adequate punishment available for this kind of vermin.

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 22:16 #29 

Zeb
I think the rain has helped tonight.....

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 23:57 #30 

Ragman
rain - what rain?

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 00:11 #31 

Bernard
Last night we stayed at a Central Birmingham hotel, in the Chinese quarter. The Chinese business owners were quite jumpy and closed early, we were lucky to get a meal before going to the theatre.
However, the security guy that I spoke with said that they wouldn't dare make trouble in Chinatown, the reprisals are known to be severe.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 08:45 #32 

raistlin
Did anybody else hear that dreadful woman on Sky News this morning at about 09:45? I don't know who she was but she was justifying recent events by throwing down the gauntlet to Cameron, mad Boris, et.al. to try living on a Council estate in Peckham on benefits for a week and see if they could avoid criminality (nice word that), drugs and drink.

First of all, it is becoming increasingly clear now that the individuals involved came from a very wide spectrum of society, including university students, grammar school children, executives, a teaching assistant, a probation officer etc. in addition to any others who are actually on benefits as either whole or part of their income.

Secondly, is it just me or does the statement of that dreadful woman act as a somewhat patronising slap in the face for the large majority of people who are on benefits for whom the thought of criminality is as abhorrent as it would be to anybody else with a shred of decency, employed, partially employed, pensioner or otherwise?

Is it right, as she suggests, that unemployment automatically equals criminality and employment the reverse?
Paul

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 09:46 #33 

Zeb
Good post Paul...agree with you on this....the sheer variety of peeps that have been arrested is very interesting and makes 'pat' explanations as to who and what was responsible rather difficult. Drink, drugs, adrenaline, mob / internet mentality, greed and sheer bloody-minded enjoyment of mayhem may play a part....

Nottingham Magistrate's comments being reported on BBC News...brilliant!

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 10:33 #34 

Last edited by Zeb on 11 Aug 2011, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Since becoming unwell three years ago, I have been, firstly on sick benefit, latterly on pension credit. I have not found it necessary to resort to any kind of criminality. I think a poke in the eye with a sharp stick would shut the this pathetic excuse for a human being up.
1. A thief/criminal is a thief/criminal, regardless of their situation.
2. No, not just you.
In answer to your last. Absolutely not.

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 10:34 #35 

JohnDotCom
The mindless murder of the three Asians is one of the biggest problems in many areas the Black on Black crime as it is known and what allegedly started all this crap off in the first place.

If the MPs comments are true wait for the Benefit cuts etc to hit the fan!

Yes Mick many respectable citizens (god, never knew I'd say that about you :lol:)who have to live on Benefits due to ill health/ disability/redundancy/ etc do not resort to crime as a "career opportunity".
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 11:58 #36 

raistlin
23 individuals have been brought before the Magistrates at Wolverhampton following arrests on Tuesday night.

A total of 6 youths, two of whom have been bailed pending sentence in consideration of their age and the peripheral nature of their involvement. Owing to the rules governing youth courts, they will both almost certainly have referral orders, being first time offenders who have pleaded guilty immediately to relatively minor offences. The other four have been remanded in custody or remanded to secure local authority accommodation pending sentence. Custodial sentences have been proposed for those youths, all four of whom were charged with violent disorder and sundry less serious offences.

The other individuals are adults, two of whom have pleaded not guilty and have been remanded in custody pending trial. Of the remainder, one has been sentenced to 4 months custody forthwith (pre-sentence report waived) and the rest, who all pleaded guilty, have been remanded in custody to the Crown Court for sentencing.

One of the adults is a serving member of the Royal Navy.

Other arrests are either in progress or are imminent.

There have been no notices of appeal lodged with the Court.

I understand that colleagues in other Courts are dealing with offences in much the same way.
Paul

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 15:11 #37 

Last edited by raistlin on 11 Aug 2011, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

SpongeBob
Good to see some of these people getting their comeuppance after their various mindless acts of disorder, criminal damage and theft.

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 17:14 #38 

Tourerfogey
raistlin wrote:23 individuals have been brought before the Magistrates at Wolverhampton following arrests on Tuesday night.

A total of 6 youths, two of whom have been bailed pending sentence in consideration of their age and the peripheral nature of their involvement. Owing to the rules governing youth courts, they will both almost certainly have referral orders, being first time offenders who have pleaded guilty immediately to relatively minor offences. The other four have been remanded in custody or remanded to secure local authority accommodation pending sentence. Custodial sentences have been proposed for those youths, all four of whom were charged with violent disorder and sundry less serious offences.

The other individuals are adults, two of whom have pleaded not guilty and have been remanded in custody pending trial. Of the remainder, one has been sentenced to 4 months custody forthwith (pre-sentence report waived) and the rest, who all pleaded guilty, have been remanded in custody to the Crown Court for sentencing.

One of the adults is a serving member of the Royal Navy.
Other arrests are either in progress or are imminent.

There have been no notices of appeal lodged with the Court.

I understand that colleagues in other Courts are dealing with offences in much the same way.

Would I be right in assuming that this should now read WAS a serving member of the Royal Navy ? Or will there just be some additional punishment by the Navy?

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 19:53 #39 

raistlin
Assuming that he goes down for between two and four years, the Navy will Court martial him in absentia and will dismiss him from the service I expect. For the moment though, he will still be a naval rating, albeit in custody in a civilian prison.
Paul

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 19:58 #40