What jobs do you intend to do today ? by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi All
Weather ok here in sunny wolverhampton at the moment walked bruno had my bacon baps and two coffee's
My first job is to change the ERG valve to the one i purchased not long back and gave it a nice clean as below.

Before cleaning see the gunk
After nice and clean to be fitted the one i take of will be given the same treatment ready to replace when needed. ;)

I am also hoping to get round to cleaning and painting the rear and front calipers think i will go for black hammer right :confused: thinking :roll:
Will also be checking the usual oil water hoses etc, see you later fingers crossed Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 10:40 #1 

Martin
Yes nothing quite as technical but I have been to see mother washed the car ready for a trip to Nick at Austin's who is going to take off my newish Zero's and put back the factory units......... :cry: well great sound but at a certain point the resonance plays havoc with my tinnitus, I can in most cases select a different gear to move the revs about to miss it but it happens at about 1400-1800 just about 45-55mph in 5th just the standard A road cruise so they have to go....."thinks" could drive faster and overtake slower peeps :twisted: but sometimes you just like to cruise :thumbsup:
then over to the hospital to visit partner who has decided I have too much fun and spare time driving around, spoiling the ozone and my bank account, so in a desperate attempt to stop my fun made herself ill :mad1:

Ah well got to go, small amount of fun to be had driving up to Nick's (quite now don't let on I'm having fun) I think she's :bed:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 11:38 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
My best wishes to your partner for a quick recovery from illness.

Shame about the Zero's but I can fully appreciated how little a droning exhaust brings to the pleasure of driving your fantastic machine. Regards to Nick from the Community

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 12:05 #3 

Zeb
In the midst of doing me clutch change.... :shock: :?

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 15:34 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Zeb wrote:In the midst of doing me clutch change.... :shock: :?

Hi Zeb
will there be any pics of the job in hand :) as you may well know i am all for pics following any job being done on our lovely 75's as they say a picture paints a thousand words 8-)
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 17:14 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Martin.
ys i do hope you partner get well very soon, and a good trip to Nick at Austins i have heard very good reports of Nick and is work, not to far from me either. cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 17:17 #6 

James.uk
Car's fine, nowt to do on it.. Needs a wash but then so do I... :lol: :D

Sooooo .. I'm orf to the park wiv me lil bowwow innit, gonna feed the ducks, ogle the girls, (they can't have ya for it) Drink coffee n eat bikkies parked up by the lake.. Blisss ---- :D

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 17:32 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi
Well i had very good intentions today to do certain jobs like the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) valve once i started it and saw what it was like inside after a milage of 129.000 i thought if that's what it look like either my Susie is running well or to near perfect or the valve as been changed in the months before i purchased her, i have had her now for coming upto 6 months, anyways i decided to leave the EGR valve in place and keep the one i have already clean for a spare in the future. As i am in the thought of if it's not broke dont fix it. :whump:

I did note a bit of build up in the connecting hose though below so am in two minds weather to replace or give that a good clean out tomorrow when i do the front and rear brakes now i have them. Ordered at 11.00am this morning arrived at 3.15pm local car come home store.
Note the sensor in the hose also fairly clean

Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 18:37 #8 

Zeb
Me? I'd stick an EGR bypass on it... :D

I have been taking plenty of photos as I go along today.... :thumbsup:

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 19:27 #9 

Tourerfogey
Excellent - looking forward to seeing the pics :) Hope it all goes well.

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 19:45 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Zeb.
I am trying to keep the car as genuine as possible so i dont mind changing the EGR valve every now and again i mean it must do something other wise why isit there ? cant wait to seeyou pics cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 20:04 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Replaced the MG badge on the rear of my car, that was quite enough car tinkering thank you. ;)
Hoed all the weeds off garden and deposited in compost bin, no mean feat. :)
Tomorrow I shall mostly be mowing the grass. :(

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 20:08 #12 

JohnDotCom
Arctic wrote:Hi Zeb.
I am trying to keep the car as genuine as possible so i dont mind changing the EGR valve every now and again i mean it must do something other wise why isit there ? cant wait to seeyou pics cheers Arctic.

Laymans terms: Yes must do something, recycle all the smoke fumes at start up and running by sending them back into car engine rather than bypassing and putting into the air for EU regs.
Passes MOT and better running bypassed, same as removing the cat! :gmc: :evil:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 20:32 #13 

Martin
Hi all update............Thanks for your good wishes and I have passed them on to Christine she must be getting better she's telling me what to do :lol:
I can now hear ....eh who said that..... and the sound is still sweet so :thumbsup: all round

Thanks again Martin & Christine

PS if your going to Nicks the pub in the village is V,good :cheers:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 20 Mar 2011, 16:51 #14