What is this connector for ? by Trebor

Trebor
Anyone know what this connector is located drivers side under the trim on a V6 ( not my car )

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Aug 2014, 19:35 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Rob.
I think it may plug into the LSM (Light Switch Module) light module but only guess
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 28 Aug 2014, 01:39 #2 

Trebor
Thanks for the reply Steve but its not the LSM as the car which has it is working fine and this is just a spare connector.

This query is also currently running on the OC for the second time without any real answer so I set about looking at all the connectors in Rave but cant find this one and am now intrigued as to what it could be.

The latest theory on the OC is that it may be connected to the Japanese export version but no one has yet come up with the definitive answer and another car with it is not a Japanese spec, but it is LHD from Cowley made for France and message centre is in French
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 28 Aug 2014, 08:43 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Rob
I think I have a photo of the same connector somewhere amongst the 8000 plus photo's will try and track it down.

Well after a bit of searching I found these I think it plugs into the white lear box ?

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 29 Aug 2014, 01:10 #4 

PaulT
and that part is now superseded with YWC107200:Control unit-engine immobilise
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 29 Aug 2014, 06:46 #5 

Mad-Monkey
Doesnt look like the immobiliser plug. The immobiliser plug doesnt have that sliding locking lever.

Posted 29 Aug 2014, 08:52 #6 

Duncan
Davids right, its not the immo. It may be something like a toll card reader for Japan. That connector is used on a few things, but not with so few wires fitted.

Posted 29 Aug 2014, 18:44 #7 

Duncan
Got it. Shift interlock unit. This locks the auto selector lever in P unless (I think) you have ignition on and your foot on the brake pedal. Certainly is required in US cars, and I guess Japan also from this.

Posted 29 Aug 2014, 18:47 #8 

Trebor
Many thanks Duncan i will put them out if their misery on the OC and credit you with the answer if thats ok
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 31 Aug 2014, 22:04 #9 

Duncan
Yes, of course.

Posted 01 Sep 2014, 18:36 #10