what are you all doing by goodlittlewifey (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

goodlittlewifey
On the extra day you have off work, because of the Royal Wedding on the 29th April

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 19:13 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
goodlittlewifey wrote:On the extra day you have off work, because of the Royal Wedding on the 29th April

Having a day off............... that doesn't include taking the slightest notice of weddings, royal or otherwise. :)

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 19:14 #2 

Jürgen
You'll get a day off although it's not your wedding? :shock:

Well, that sounds good. :mrgreen:

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 20:19 #3 

raistlin
Having it off... the day that is.

Wedding? What Wedding?

These are selling like hot cakes apparently:-

Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 20:22 #4 

takestock
goodlittlewifey wrote:On the extra day you have off work, because of the Royal Wedding on the 29th April

I'm taking the three days prior as well, with the bank holidays this gives me 11days in a row off work for the cost of 3 days leave :thumbsup:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 20:24 #5 

starbug2
i don't get paid to have it off :cry: :evil: i've no idea if i am working it - i know we are on a 4 day week anyhow . we are i think we are on the legal Min for holidays as they have gone down and they were carp to start with :shock: and given i'm not much above min wage anyhow :gmc: at this point not getting paid is more the issue even if i did want it off :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :censored: :censored: :censored: . :panic: . oh hum :angry:

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 20:35 #6 

Duncan
We get the Monday and Tuesday, then the Friday and Monday. So I had booked the days in between as my Easter Holiday. Until I found out that OH is back at work by then so unbooked them.

Am I mad?

Am I in trouble if she ever reads this?

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 20:52 #7 

SpongeBob
I'll be having the day off and making sure there isn't a TV switched on wherever I may be. Or at least if the TV is switched on it'll be playing a DVD or something :gmc:

Mind you, it's a silly week if you're in retail. Monday that week is Easter Bank Holiday, so we're off that day but then back in for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Off again then for the Royal Shindig on Friday and then back in work yet again for the Saturday only to then be off the following Monday for May Day. :panic: Crazy I tell you, crazy! :panic: :confused:

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 21:35 #8 

Ragman
Being self employed and the people I contract to shutting down I end up a 4 day, 3 day and 4 day week - so lose the best part of a weeks money in the space of a week

Thanks!

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 21:39 #9 

PaulT
Sorry for those of you who are not impressed with the 29th April being chosen.

The couple asked me and I said 'why not choose the 29th as that is our wedding anniversary, we will get the day off and be able to celebrate our anniversary by going somewhere nice and avoiding your any chance of seeing a TV showing your wedding'.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 07:51 #10 

JohnDotCom
Still be working as usual, and I couldnt give a ********* about the Royals or any of their Weddings!!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 08:39 #11 

DeuxGazoles
Not sure what's happening here it's all top secret :confused: but if I do get the day off it'll be unpaid because it's not listed as one of the bank hols in my contract, still rather have the day off though it's not as if the £40 is that important to me anyway
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 09:00 #12 

PaulT
JohnDotCom wrote:Still be working as usual, and I couldnt give a Chicken Pie about the Royals or any of their Weddings!!

John lets petition the Government to sell them to the Yanks - should be able to get a fair price - and help pay off the deficeit.

I am sure that Tony Blair will also pay a very fair price for Buckingham Palace.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 09:45 #13 

Tourerfogey
I don't work Fridays anyway . . . or many other days actually . . . :D

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 14:31 #14 

MGBev
raistlin wrote:Having it off... the day that is.

Wedding? What Wedding?

These are selling like hot cakes apparently:-

brilliant - do they come as a tea service?

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 15:17 #15 

James.uk
Erm wedding? what wedding? :confused: :confused: No one i know is getting married so not my problem innit... lmho. :lol:

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 17:24 #16 

starbug2
it would be nice to have a paid day off :hissyfit: what ever the reason

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 18:10 #17 

jamesgreen
well well chaps and chapesses this isnt the attitude is it.......What happened to the good old british institution of haveing a good old jolly up. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I for one will be at work so yes i will b bah humbug to the wedding even more so if i end up going into london
:flosg: :flosg: :flosg: :flosg: :stirer: :stirer: :stirer: :stirer:

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 19:01 #18 

JohnDotCom
It's also being used as a dress rehersal for the Funeral of the Queen.

http://uk.royalwedding.yahoo.com/blogs/ ... neral-4364
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 19:58 #19 

SpongeBob
JohnDotCom wrote:It's also being used as a dress rehersal for the Funeral of the Queen.

http://uk.royalwedding.yahoo.com/blogs/ ... neral-4364

Well, as the article suggests it's perhaps a "logical" thing to consider but it does somehow strike up images of "Two Weddings and a Funeral" scenes in my head.... :panic: :(

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 21:24 #20