What a shame..... by JakeWilson

• Related topics: (no related topics)

JakeWilson
Bermudan 75
This time last year I was loaded, now absolutely skint. Would have been nice to set up a venture to purchase these wrecks and put other 75/ZTs back on the road.

Unfortunately the taxman is chasing me for money that I don't have, how much to ferry my 75 Tourer to a tax haven?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 16:46 #2 

Dave
Out of interest, how does Copart work?

Can anyone bid on these cars?

Also, there's info regarding sale date, yet also current bids. Does the sale date simply indicate when the auction ends? What's the PAV? Is it the approx value?

Just looked at a MINI on there with a PAV of £11225, minimal damage (vandalism) current bid only £60 (sale date 03/08/2010)

Is this all too good to be true?!

(see here)

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 18:13 #3 

Cowley_MOA
I am just a stones throw away from Copart in Colchester. I was cycling past yesterday evening and saw a Mk1 75 on the back of a transporter outside.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 19:49 #4 

Duncan
PAV - pre accident value?

Just my guess.

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 20:00 #5 

longbridgezt190
pav is pre accident value , 95 k on the clock cam belts may be due . i paid about £ 500 to put mine back on the road not recorded , but i did change rad fan and condensor and various other bits and bobs £ 100 to have the front bumper resprayed ... mine had full service history , i think you take a big chance if you cant get the service history of the car , we all know how much the belts cost .since its been back on the road i have indulged myself with a twin exhaust set up k & n type air filter and some nice memory leather seats from a contemp se .... money pit :lol:

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 21:43 #6 

mark_bonsai
Front seats (electric sports with red Alcantara) are worth more than the current bid price, and that's before we get to the Apex's and the Harman Kardon sound system :o
Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 22:34 #7 

MrB
mark_bonsai wrote:Front seats (electric sports with red Alcantara) are worth more than the current bid price, and that's before we get to the Apex's and the Harman Kardon sound system :o

Looks like Hi-Line Nav in there too
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 26 Jul 2010, 23:08 #8 

revor
Just done a very quick parts price check on rimmers book[ sep'[2008]. bonnet/wing/bumper/front panel/xenon h/light £1521 without indicator, spotlight? and other parts needed in h/light area. paint £?, =£2500?. £5500 labour charge? sounds a lot of labour. hourly rate £100 per hour = 55 hours to repair. what do I know ? I know what i'am thinking. peter

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 16:09 #9 

mark_bonsai
If you look closely at the pictures from the front, it's been hit HARD in the front. The beam behind the bumper is nearly bent double, so that will probably have done the radiators, and numerous other bits behind. The bumper's sprung back so initially it doesn't look that bad. I think that's a can of worms once you get into it. That said, parts could probably be sourced second hand.

Get the feeling it'll get broken. Shame.
Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 16:36 #10 

revor
Good grief, how did I miss that. obviously not what do I know but what can I see. I do agree it could be a can of worms but I still think £5500 is a lot of labour money . peter

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 16:56 #11 

TyphoonTT
Think this is the same car, now being broken on ebay. :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZT-190-SE-Vers ... 35ab4b9bee

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 16:21 #12 

JakeWilson
Gutted- if I had had the funds I would have put it in the workshop for a rainy day!

J

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 16:43 #13 

mark_bonsai
Wonder what it went for. Last time I looked it was at £275 :o

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 16:23 #14 

JakeWilson
He wants £450 smackers for the wheels alone

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 20:56 #15 

mark_bonsai
JakeWilson wrote:He wants £450 smackers for the wheels alone

Mmm, about the going rate if they're in reasonable condition & the tyres are reasonable.

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 21:24 #16