Well. There we have it. by raistlin (Page 1 of 2)

  • Related topics: (no related topics)

User avatar
raistlin
If you don't go to the club's national meet, apparently you don't support the club and it also seems you are treated as a second class citizen in the eyes of some people. Cheers Derek :(

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=576292#post576292
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website
Image

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 10:59 #1 

User avatar
takestock
Not the cleverest thing to say was it?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 11:42 #2 

Last edited by takestock on 21 Aug 2010, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
starbug2
most all in the club did/do not goto national meets or any meets - mostly the same lot goto any events anyway

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 12:08 #3 

User avatar
Tootall
It looks like my subs have run out as i can no longer see the "Subscribed User Forum" section.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 13:01 #4 

User avatar
richardwjackson
I won't be renewing my subs in 4 weeks if things don't improve over there.

I haven't seen anything thats improved or warrants spending £10 on in the past year!
Image

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 14:46 #5 

User avatar
Zeb
To me, it isn't about the subs....I just can't be supporting financially a club where you have one Director who can't even manage to keep his own sig up to date let alone run a club and another Director whom one suspects sees deadlines as movable necessities imposed upon him by others and in no way something he expects people to hold him to...what a choice...'insults 'r' us' and 'fairy stories 'r' us'.... :roll:

As regards Derek, a rather unfortunate comment.. :-| I have never been to a National Meet but I like to think I have supported the club in my own way... :)

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 15:13 #6 

Last edited by Zeb on 21 Aug 2010, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
starbug2
takestock wrote:Not the cleverest thing to say was it?
I Would think he meant it as a joke as he has called me traitor to my face many times now but in a friendly way :) and we seem to get on fine :thumbsup: when we meet :cheers:

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 15:24 #7 

User avatar
raistlin
Zeb wrote:As regards Derek, a rather unfortunate comment.. :-|


Unfortunate? Or perhaps that is the way he thinks of the vast majority of the membership, who, for whatever reason, did not attend.

I know for a fact that at least two members who attended at Cosford will never attend again owing to the way they were treated by what was seen as 'the clique'.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website
Image

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 15:25 #8 

User avatar
raistlin
starbug2 wrote:I Would think he meant it as a joke...


I see no humour in it. Neither do I see the usual bonhomie exhibited by Derek. I also see too many things on the club forum which are put down to 'jokes' when challenged.

FWIW, I have a reasonably well developed sense of humour and can usually detect a joke ;) :gmc:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website
Image

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 15:28 #9 

User avatar
Zeb
raistlin wrote:
Zeb wrote:As regards Derek, a rather unfortunate comment.. :-|


Unfortunate? Or perhaps that is the way he thinks of the vast majority of the membership, who, for whatever reason, did not attend.

I know for a fact that at least two members who attended at Cosford will never attend again owing to the way they were treated by what was seen as 'the clique'.



Unfortunate in many senses Paul....the idea that it is ONLY the National Meet that counts is, however, perhaps encouraged by the fact that it is deemed to be the only 'Official' meet....and the only meet that both Directors have ever attended thus far...

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 15:35 #10 

User avatar
raistlin
I see your point Carl :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website
Image

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 15:42 #11 

User avatar
Cowley_MOA
Zeb wrote:
raistlin wrote:
Zeb wrote:As regards Derek, a rather unfortunate comment.. :-|


Unfortunate? Or perhaps that is the way he thinks of the vast majority of the membership, who, for whatever reason, did not attend.

I know for a fact that at least two members who attended at Cosford will never attend again owing to the way they were treated by what was seen as 'the clique'.



Unfortunate in many senses Paul....the idea that it is ONLY the National Meet that counts is, however, perhaps encouraged by the fact that it is deemed to be the only 'Official' meet....and the only meet that both Directors have ever attended thus far...


Very true Carl. I still await an answer to my questions about the forum restructure with regards to the meet sectors in the UK. I think I will be waiting some time... Send them a PM and they just ignore it or post it on the open forum and get either a reply from a Moderator saying they don't know the answer or no reply at all. Is there a virtual brick wall near by...
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 15:47 #12 

User avatar
Zeb
Well, I think they'd best come up with some answers re data protection fairly pronto... :-|

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 15:56 #13 

User avatar
Rammie
Zeb wrote:
As regards Derek, a rather unfortunate comment..


I know, and he didn't have to SHOUT either :roll:
Image
Brian

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 16:11 #14 

User avatar
Dave
These "Welcome Packs"..... TBH, really not bothered about them as the first thing I always do when I get a car is take any stickers off, and already have a nice tax disc holder and keyring (are they part of it?)

BUT.... When the subscription took a massive hike from a reasonable £3 per annum to £10, I saw the "Pack" as a sop to those who might think this OTT. Was any promise made to actually deliver these? If so, is this not some sort of "failure to supply goods" issue...?

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 16:40 #15 

User avatar
James.uk
I went to Cosford, and whilst wandering round met my friend xxxxx. As we wandered round together i saw a group of about 6 cars well off to one side and asked my friend if he knew whose cars they were, and/or why they were separate from the others.. ??

It turned out they were the Directors and "others" cars ???? hmmmm.. That was it for me I'm afraid. I don't attend meetings where the organizers think they are too superior to mix with me and my friends.. :shock: :(

I will never attend another so called "National" meet no matter where they hold it. I can get insulted locally any time i like, I don't need to travel for that.. :lol:
...

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 16:45 #16 

User avatar
Rammie
Dave wrote:These "Welcome Packs"..... TBH, really not bothered about them as the first thing I always do when I get a car is take any stickers off, and already have a nice tax disc holder and keyring (are they part of it?)

BUT.... When the subscription took a massive hike from a reasonable £3 per annum to £10, I saw the "Pack" as a sop to those who might think this OTT. Was any promise made to actually deliver these? If so, is this not some sort of "failure to supply goods" issue...?


Well, I feel the same way about the "tat pac!" :whump:
So much so that I have removed my address from my profile so it will never find me!! :rolling:
Image
Brian

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 16:52 #17 

User avatar
Rammie
James.uk wrote:I went to Cosford, and whilst wandering round met my friend xxxxx. As we wandered round together i saw a group of about 6 cars well off to one side and asked my friend if he knew whose cars they were, and/or why they were separate from the others.. ??

It turned out they were the Directors and "others" cars ???? hmmmm.. That was it for me I'm afraid. I don't attend meetings where the organizers think they are too superior to mix with me and my friends.. :shock: :(

I will never attend another so called "National" meet no matter where they hold it. I can get insulted locally any time i like, I don't need to travel for that.. :lol:
...


Never attended a National meet, but that would be enough for me too. Cliques just do my head in, the old "them and us", pah!! :evil:

I hope this will not happen at the National Picnic? I shall just drive off and leave if that is the case :hissyfit: ;)
Image
Brian

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 17:01 #18 

User avatar
Ragman
I'm self employed, work weekends and struggling to keep it all together, and yes running a V8 is a challenge but I simply cannot turn down work that is offered to me in order to attend a car meeting

If that means I don't support their club then a) I am sorry and b) it's not the club I thought it was

Maybe I should save the £10 next year

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 17:06 #19 

User avatar
raistlin
OK,

It wasn't a joke. It was taken out of context.

Out of context? For heaven's sake, how could his statement possibly be taken out of context.

What's wrong with people just admitting they've dropped a bollock? Why do we need to have all this nonsense when a crass comment from the elite is challenged?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website
Image

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 17:07 #20 


Top