Weird cover versions! by Dave

Dave
Anyone got any nutty cover versions of well-known songs that they can recommend?

Here's some of my favourites!

Bohemian Rhapsody by Rolf Harris
Common People by William Shatner (and Joe Jackson)
Hotel California by Vincent Malone
Voyage Voyage by Vincent Malone (I've got a double CD by this loon!)
A Hard Day's Night by Peter Sellers

They are all on Spotify and possibly accessible via this link to a playlist...

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 18:04 #1 

JohnDotCom
Stairway to Heaven by Rolf Harris.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 19:26 #2 

Chiffon Huileux
this has got to be the worst cover ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSCzN3FxLeo
Anyone want to stroke my Chinese Bear?

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 20:16 #3 

SpongeBob
Korn (a heavy metal band) dong a take on Britany Spears "Baby One More Time". Very funny considering it sounds as if the singer in Korn is 'barking' instead of singing the words :confused: :lol:

Posted 31 Jul 2010, 11:52 #4 

Dave
SpongeBob wrote:Korn (a heavy metal band) dong a take on Britany Spears "Baby One More Time". Very funny considering it sounds as if the singer in Korn is 'barking' instead of singing the words :confused: :lol:

Now you mention this, I think I have heard it!

Which reminds me that Therion did a cover of ABBA's Summernight City, which is actually better than the orginal!

Posted 31 Jul 2010, 12:19 #5 

carlpenn
Lhean Rymes (is that spelt right?) the country singer doing Purple Rain, If I was Prince I would have sued for deformation of a classic :lol: She wailed her way through it like a cat being pushed through a mincer :shock:
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 02 Aug 2010, 13:52 #6 

Dave
Here's some more!

A band called Senor Coconut (Latin Mambo style) do Kraftwerk's Autobahn and also Smoke On The Water! (amongst others)

Perhaps more famous are Hayseed Dixie who do AC/DC covers (hence the name) Big Balls is fun! Also seems that they too do Bohemian Rhapsody - and Fat Bottomed Girls, Ace Of Spades, and (brilliantly) I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness!

Also it seems anything by Richard Cheese - turns any song into a Lounge Singer "classic"! I like Creep (Radiohead)

Another one - Death Metal band Children Of Bodom doing Britney Spears' Oops I did It Again

(all the above are on Spotify)

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 06:26 #7 

Last edited by Dave on 21 Mar 2014, 18:10, edited 2 times in total.

ems ltd
Here are a few mover cover versions...

Marilyn Manson, Tainted Love - possibly better than the original

Metallica, Whiskey in the Jar.

Doctor & the Medics, Spirit in the Sky.

Posted 04 Aug 2010, 13:06 #8