Warrantyworks by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Very pleased with my Warrantyworks warranty on VeeKay as some of you may know :)

This week proved that my faith was well founded.

MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) sensor is knackered and at first I tried a replacement from JDC which, through no fault of John's, turned out to be worse than the one it replaced.

I wasn't looking forward to having to shell out the better part of £300 on the OEM item but decided to bite the bullet. Apparently, Pierburg don't list a MAF sensor for our cars anymore :(

Just on a whim I phoned Warrantyworks and asked if the MAF sensor was covered, not thinking for a moment that it would be as they are known to be a problem and would presumably be considered a consumable.

I was therefore pleasantly surprised when I was told that it is covered and to go ahead and have it replaced :D

The cost of the MAF sensor has recouped the cost of my 24 month warranty so I think I'll be considering the same again in February 2012 when it becomes due for renewal.

Tony, my mechanic, is always amazed at the way Warrantyworks play the game when he gets to do warranty jobs, not just for me but for several of his customers.

In fact, some time ago, when one of my rear coil springs broke, they told Tony to replace both sides "as a precaution". That sounded pretty fair to me.

So, amid horror stories by the dozen about dodgy warranties, I present to you, "the good guys" :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 11 Jun 2011, 11:20 #1 

Jürgen
Good to see that there are still some good guys around.

Posted 11 Jun 2011, 11:39 #2 

MrB
Have just tried their site for a quote - no quotes available.

Me thinks the 182k mileage might have scared em off.....
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 13 Jun 2011, 17:32 #3 

Zeb
Bet you have to have the car serviced by a garage rather than by one's self in order for the warranty to be valid though.. :( Which is a shame....

Posted 13 Jun 2011, 18:20 #4 

Beejay
Fully concur with your statement Paul, you pointed them in my direction 18 months ago, can't fault them, have still got 18 months to go.

Barry

Posted 13 Jun 2011, 18:59 #5 

raistlin
Zeb wrote:Bet you have to have the car serviced by a garage rather than by one's self in order for the warranty to be valid though.. :( Which is a shame....

Sort of ;)
Paul

Posted 13 Jun 2011, 19:55 #6 

Dallas
All sounds to good to be true. :clap:

I just got a quote for £182 for 1 year at £500 max claim and £60 max labour......not bad! :thumbsup:

Simplicity- Every retail warranty covers All Mechanical & Electrical Components, so no wriggly fine print.

so whats the catch ?

Posted 13 Jun 2011, 19:58 #7 

raistlin
I wouldn't personally go for less that £1k limit per incident as I have discussed with Tony, my mechanic, and he can source and fit an auto transmission for that sort of money and the transmission would be the biggest likely expense.

My premium last time was £300ish for 24 months at £1k per incident with 100K on the clock.

As of yet, I haven't discovered a catch. Their claims desk are actually helpful and try to make sure that you can successfully claim for whatever you are entitled to.

This is, of course, my own experience with the company.
Paul

Posted 13 Jun 2011, 20:33 #8