War of the Worlds by PaulT

PaulT
On the way home on Friday was listening to PM on Radio 4 and a piece about Richard Burton.

Apparently, when War of the Worlds was being recorded a whole chunk of studio time was booked for Richard to record his narration. He went in and did it in one take.

Paul

PS also heard that the Animals recorded House of the Rising Sun in one take - 15 minutes total.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Nov 2011, 09:25 #1 

MGBev
brilliant. Love War of the Worlds. good album and stage show.
House of the Rising Sun a classic too

Posted 16 Nov 2011, 17:20 #2 

carlpenn
I loved this Album for many years, haven't listened to it in a while. Bought teh Digitally remastered version too. Richard Burton was so perfect for the Narrator.

The Book has always been a favourite of mine too, H.G Wells was a brilliant author. By the time I was 16 I had read his entire works, The War of the Worlds remained my favourite.

I actually have been a member of the Jeff Wayne official War of teh Worlds fan site for a long time, haven't been on there lately but the last time I was there was runours of the Jeff Wayne crew doing a CGI Animation movie to go along to teh sound track. I hope they finally get round to finishing this someday.

Sites under Maintenance at the moment:

http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com/
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 17 Nov 2011, 08:33 #3