Wanted: Rover 75 Tourer / Estate Auto, Diesel by Cobwobbler

Cobwobbler
Hi all,
After having a 600 for years and now having a 45, I've decided I need an estate car that is a diesel and really comfy, so the obvious choice is a Rover 75.
I'm after a 75 Tourer with a Diesel engine and automatic gears.
I'd like a bit of advice on any special bits to look for, good mileages, ball park price I should be paying etc.
Thanks in advance, Martin.

Posted 26 Sep 2014, 20:09 #1 

Duncan
The only thing I'd advise as an owner, the Diesel Autos can be thirstier than you might expect. They do seem to vary a lot. I tend to get mid thirties MPG, but at the last Nano we had owners getting between 28MPG and 50MPG on reasonable runs.

Posted 28 Sep 2014, 15:37 #2 

PaulT
I get about 35mpg from mine and it is about the same when travelling on French Autoroutes with virtually no traffic and between 70 and 80.

Certainly my previous manual 75 CDT not CDTi would easily return 45mpg and higher on a long run

The previous one was bought with 90k on it and a clutch had been changed at 72k. I sold it at 240k still on that clutch. However, some only get a fraction of that mileage between clutch changes. When you take that in to account overall the auto with its lower mpg may prove cheaper.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Sep 2014, 16:35 #3 

Cobwobbler
Cheers for the info guys, Martin.

Posted 28 Sep 2014, 21:22 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Martin.
Shame you are after a Auto as in the next few weeks i am looking to sell my Tourer SE 04 plate, i get regular mileage of 38+ knocking about, on a run 52mpg but as i say it is a manual, with the magic wand passed over it ;) oil changed twice per year since i have had it now nearly 4 years, it as wanted for nothing, new genuine maf, manifold cleaned and changed every year same with the egr, new clutch slave and master at the same time6000 miles or so, as the most mileage I do each year would be 4000, new disc and pads all round the list goe's on and on :thumbsup: Arctic

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 03 Oct 2014, 03:03 #5 

PaulT
Martin

Do not know where you are located but look at the post 'was this an option'.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 03 Oct 2014, 13:38 #6 

Cobwobbler
OH MY GOODNESS Arctic, After thinking about it and checking the sums and points that PaulT and Duncan have said about mpg I think a Manual would be the order of the day, AND I was looking for a light blue, with a cream interior, which you have :O).
Burning Question is where are you and how much????
I'm in Rugby Warwickshire. Could I come for a look see Saturday? I'll PM you my number.

Posted 03 Oct 2014, 15:16 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Martin.
By all means drop me a PM I am about nearly all day today Saturday 4th but as I say it will be at least a couple of weeks before i sell as i need to retain my private plate from the car, i will drop you a PM in the mean time with my email address, everything works on this car electric sun roof, all windows and door lock and open as they should, just past it's mot no advisories, cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 04 Oct 2014, 00:48 #8 

JohnDotCom
What are you intending to replace the 75 with? A XF?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Oct 2014, 07:20 #9 

Cobwobbler
Hi Arctic, got tied up with tedious house jobs but as soon as you're ready to sell you give me a holla, really looking forward to seeing this one. I've seen one's with "slight dings" that turn out to have what we would call "massive dents", passenger doors that don't open, 15" wheels from a 45, that look a bit tiny, even one with odd wheels, two different types of alloys?!?!?!?!? It's a minefield finding a good 75.

Posted 04 Oct 2014, 19:25 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Martin.
I have sent you a PM with my email addy if you semd me an email i will forward my phone No to you, it will only be as long as it takes to retain my personal number plate from the car, then i will list on here and on the OC club cheers Arctic.

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 04 Oct 2014, 22:49 #11 

Duncan
Not sure where the wheels might have come from, but they won't be off a 45. 25s and 45s have four stud fixings, 75s are five hole.

Posted 05 Oct 2014, 08:39 #12