Wanted red connie se facelift tourer by PaulT

PaulT
I am in the market for a red connie se facelift tourer - hence the title!

I would be most grateful if you would keep you eye out in your locality and your local papers for this particular beast.

Quite happy to travel any distance.

Thanks in advance
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 09:35 #1 

JohnDotCom
Petrol or Diesel young Sir? :)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 17:26 #2 

PaulT
Diesel but..........

Went to look at a black contemporary, mainly due to the fact that I had not sat in one and wanted to see if I liked an all black interior. It seemed OK the only thing, the drivers bolster at 62k miles was already showing signs of wear.

Then went to have another look at a red Connie SE that we had looked at previously (in fact posted about it).

Had another good look at it and a lengthy test drive and decided to go for it.

I also note that I did not specify auto - Yve finds the clutch of our manual far too heavy and I will admit that getting stuck in traffic makes my leg ache.
Paul

Posted 14 Jan 2012, 20:06 #3 

Bermudan 75
In my totally unbiased view, a diesel auto Connie is the only choice. I would also recommend in investing in a Synergy 2 upgrade from Rover Ron, (other Ron's are available) :thumbsup:

Posted 15 Jan 2012, 09:30 #4 

PaulT
Rover418275 wrote:In my totally unbiased view, a diesel auto Connie is the only choice. I would also recommend in investing in a Synergy 2 upgrade from Rover Ron, (other Ron's are available) :thumbsup:

Do have a Synergy (not currently fitted) might give it another try subject to insurance costs.

As for the manual version, I bought my car with 92k miles on it and it had the clutch replaced at 72k.

I now have 215k on it and the clutch seems fine - and I do tow although infrequently:

a 6 x 5 x 8 box trailer to and from SW France and we have just bought a 26' long 'mobile home' that has a max weight of 1600kg.

However, the weight of the clutch is unbelievable.

And, yes I do like autos although, having test driven a number of 75 autos the kickdown does seem to take a long time to take effect - there is a posting saying manually shift down rather than wait for the kickdown.
Paul

Posted 15 Jan 2012, 10:48 #5 

JohnDotCom
Yes manual shift is often better than kickdown when in a hurry. :-D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Jan 2012, 13:18 #6