Walnut Accessory Info & Order Details by Trebor (Page 2 of 3)

Gate Keeper
Another member on the OC suggested if I use a hair dryer on the above panel that it can be lifted and it will come off. I think the heat would melt and distort the panel trim. OK for fitting Simon's walnut on but not for removal of the widescreen frame. Another member kindly linked me up to a detailed 'how to' on the BMW USA forum which showed the removal of the same panel and how to change the LCD screen, putting everything back properly. A lengthy process and one which takes nerves of steel. It will have to wait until next March when I am back in the UK to do the work. In the meantime I am looking forward to receiving the extra walnut and chrome.

Posted 27 Aug 2012, 18:58 #21 

Gate Keeper
Simon just wrote and my order has been made and is now ready. The courier fee is £7 only and delivery is promised in 4-7 days time :) I am relieved.

Posted 31 Aug 2012, 07:34 #22 

Gate Keeper
I heard from Simon and the kit has been posted today and should be here by Friday at the latest. I will pick it up next week as I am driving up to nano land tomorrow and then onto Gwynedd for a few days. Hopefully a long, leisurely and uneventful drive.

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 19:12 #23 

Bermudan 75
Well, I have decided that the Walnut Dash Co kit that I got for my car is going to a charity shop.

Posted 10 Sep 2012, 22:50 #24 

Gate Keeper
That bad is it. Sorry to hear that :(

Posted 11 Sep 2012, 03:23 #25 

Trebor
[quote="Rover418275"]Well, I have decided that the Walnut Dash Co kit that I got for my car is going to a charity shop.

Presumably thats the original stuff from the UK Walnut Dash whose colour match was not good as opposed to what Simon now supplies Mike ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Sep 2012, 22:12 #26 

Roverite
Hello Trebor,

I have just joined the club, but have been thinking about these walnut and chrome accessories, which I had seen on the 75 & ZT club site and which The_Monk said looked good. I notice on this post that there was talk of door cappings. As some of the information is old, is there anymore news on these and are the contact details still valid?

I am not on the internet at home and it maybe a day or so before I pick up your reply.

Roverite.

Posted 01 Nov 2012, 09:53 #27 

Trebor
Hi , yes the door cappings are work in progress and will hopefully be available in a few weeks time, and yes again the contact details are still correct
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 01 Nov 2012, 19:40 #28 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Nice one Rob, thanks for keeping the Community up to speed on this.

Posted 01 Nov 2012, 19:43 #29 

Trebor
No problem Mick i will post on here when available
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 01 Nov 2012, 20:03 #30 

Gate Keeper
The whole kit was fitted and matched up with the original wood nicely. One thing which Simon was not able to help me with was with the surround for the BMW 16:9 widescreen unit. He did ask me to post the surround to him and he would make it. I was unable to take off the surround. Is there another way around this?
All the best

Phil

Posted 25 Dec 2012, 19:12 #31 

JakeWilson
It depends on what he means by the surround. I would imagine that it would be quite tricky to do for the widescreen as the gaps between the buttons is minimal. You can remove the front section from the 16:9, but this is not something I'd want to do,

Posted 25 Dec 2012, 20:18 #32 

Gate Keeper
I went to the BMW geeks forum in the USA and someone did it by taking detailed photos of each step. It is one of those diddly fiddly jobs that requires a steady hand and patience. Thanks Jake for looking at the problem
All the best

Phil

Posted 26 Dec 2012, 15:05 #33 

Airedale
Hi Trebor,

Does Simon do any accessories in black oak, e.g. the ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) fascia?

Regards,

Dave

Posted 04 Jan 2013, 21:44 #34 

Airedale
I take it that website software adds in the full title of parts that have only been referred to by acronyms? Cool!

Posted 04 Jan 2013, 21:46 #35 

Trebor
No black oak afaik but he does piano black
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 05 Jan 2013, 09:30 #36 

Airedale
Thanks, Robert. Do you know where there might be some pictures?

Cheers,

Dave

Posted 05 Jan 2013, 18:29 #37 

Trebor
not sure if there are any piano black pictures but let me try and find some, i will also ask Simon if he has any in his library for you
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 06 Jan 2013, 09:03 #38 

Airedale
Trebor wrote:not sure if there are any piano black pictures but let me try and find some, i will also ask Simon if he has any in his library for you

Many thanks Robert. However, please don't go to too much trouble.

Posted 10 Jan 2013, 22:02 #39 

Roverite
Trebor,

I recently placed an order for a set of walnut and chrome bits from Simon and he is making them and posting them this week; looking forward to getting them, but I will probably leave the fitting until the warmer weather. He hasn't got the door trims yet, but I understand that you are checking the patterns for him.

Thanks for all the stuff you put on here and, subject to the weather, I hope to be at the next Nano meet. I see Monk and Arctic are going to be there, both of which I have met and I am looking forward to seeing your bits that Simon has done. I hope to be at Cosford as well.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Regards,
Roverite.

Posted 11 Mar 2013, 14:18 #40