Visitor by Duncan

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Duncan
Had a visitor today.

Funnily enough, lots of our regular visitors declined to visit while she was here.....

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 19:05 #1 

Zeb
Lovely bird...does look a bit peckish though...

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 19:16 #2 

Duncan
Zeb wrote:Lovely bird...does look a bit peckish though...

I think that's what worried the goldfinches who exited stage left somewhat sharpish!

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 19:20 #3 

raistlin
Does she look a little bedraggled to you?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 19:56 #4 

takestock
duplicate post :confused:

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 20:44 #5 

Last edited by takestock on 27 Feb 2011, 21:00, edited 2 times in total.

takestock
Twas unusually quiet in our back garden recently, then whilst in the kitchen, out of the corner of my eye, saw something in the water fountain, It saw me at the same time but due to being soaked it had to make a run for it on foot, Caught on the camera just before take off :)

Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 20:54 #6 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:Does she look a little bedraggled to you?

I kind of thought that, but looking up a photo on t'internet to confirm my identification, that one was just the same. So it must be by design as it were.

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 08:00 #7 

PaulT
Duncan wrote:Had a visitor today.

Funnily enough, lots of our regular visitors declined to visit while she was here.....

Duncan

I presume you know it is a she from the look on its face - the sort of look us blokes get when we get home after an evening with mates :D
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 08:14 #8 

Gren 24
A bit like the one that came to visit our garden at the end of last year,now it nests in the trees at the end.

Don't fancy telling it to go away,not the size of it those claws and beak.

I think we all now that look Duncan.

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 20:24 #9 

Duncan
Les, that thing is a fair bit bigger. Looks like a Buzzard to me? We see them above the house, but never in the garden. Scary, though.

Paul. Actually, it's the lack of a red/brown colouration, but I do see your point.... ;) (Runs for cover).

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 21:59 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Splendid Pic Les.

BTW you put a full stop on the end of the URL which is why it didn't work out first time.

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 22:07 #11 

James.uk
The bird in Pic one (top) is either in a draft thats lifting the odd few feathers, or the bird has fluffed them out on purpose in oder to lose some body heat...

Dave's bird.. (ooeerr Dave, Marina will killya) Is in very poor condition, normaly when a fit bird (ooeerr Mk2) has a bath very little water sticks to the feathers as they should be pretty weather proof...

I hate flying raptors, simply because I like lil song birds.. Though the biggest bird killers are cats................. grrrrrrr...

Posted 28 Feb 2011, 22:10 #12