Vis motor by Gate Keeper (Page 2 of 2)

Gate Keeper
Front drivers side pic 1.jpg
I took this photo a few days ago and there is some wear to the shoulders. I will get it sorted out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 19 Sep 2012, 06:30 #21 

Gate Keeper
The car passed on retest and I replaced the perished tyres with Continentals. I will take off the Vis tomorrow and send them onto Dave. Many thanks.

Posted 20 Sep 2012, 21:37 #22 

Gate Keeper
leak one.jpg
I had a look under the car to check out the insidious medium sized leak and found the heat shield was virtually ripped in half. I popped the car into the workshop who did the tyres yesterday and they put the car up on the lift and I asked them to check out the oil leak. I took some photos and it appears to be coming from the rocket cover gasket dripping down onto the shaft. I have managed to order the MGR heat shield for the car.

Here are a few photos. I apologise for the poor phone quality. I am fairly certain that I had not hit anything on the road. The workshop suggested that a jack trolley had caught the shield as it was being pulled out from beneath the engine. I do not know and no one will hold their hands up to it. Its done and it is something else to attend to.

I have been looking for a head gasket set for a 2.0 V6 in case any of the parts are needed. Although the source is not 100% confirmed.

Kandyman, all of this happened after I spoke to you this afternoon. I do not expect you to do the repairs if you do not have the time or the parts given the short notice. If you did - I would be lost for words :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 21 Sep 2012, 21:22 #23 

Gate Keeper
Dave, I got one of the Vis motors out as per instructions and compared it to my spare and the two did not look the same, so I tried to remove the other one, but found access difficult as there was a pump in the way. I refitted the old one as I had to go out. Still to do and thanks for being patient.

Posted 21 Sep 2012, 21:41 #24 

Gate Keeper
Kandyman, It is a workshop job as you said. I think the leak is coming from the back end of the rocker. I will see you tomorrow and then we will know more :)

Posted 22 Sep 2012, 09:04 #25 

Gate Keeper
I am sorry if this looks as though I am talking to myself. I am :) Quite normal.

It was one of those days yesterday when the heavens opened up. I did not manage to get the Vis changed. It now looks as though the leak is starting in the bell housing at the front and tracking back. I will arrange to book it in with Mike when I am in the UK next March.

Posted 24 Sep 2012, 08:02 #26 

takestock
Gate Keeper wrote:I am sorry if this looks as though I am talking to myself.

We just don't like to interrupt :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 25 Sep 2012, 06:16 #27 

Gate Keeper
takestock wrote:
Gate Keeper wrote:I am sorry if this looks as though I am talking to myself.

We just don't like to interrupt :)

Mmmmm I hadn't thought of that :-D

Thanks I will re-attempt to get the Vis off next year Dave. I know you would have it removed in 2 mins. The front heat shield arrived yesterday and I had it fitted. Whilst the car was up I asked the mechanic to check out the oil leak. He said he was pretty sure it was it was coming from the rocker cover as the oil could be tracked from the bottom up to the top. Maybe it is coming from the rocker cover and the bell housing. It is not affecting the dip stick which shows full and no oil coming out from it whilst the engine runs. There are a few more jobs to sort out like getting the headlamp washers to work, the low fan output and thermostat not connected message, surface rust around one of the rear jack pad points. To be done next spring :)

Phil

Posted 25 Sep 2012, 07:02 #28 

kandyman
Gate Keeper wrote:Kandyman, It is a workshop job as you said. I think the leak is coming from the back end of the rocker. I will see you tomorrow and then we will know more :)

you got me mixed up with someone else :oops:

Posted 25 Sep 2012, 13:00 #29 

Gate Keeper
I am sorry about that Andy.

Posted 25 Sep 2012, 14:25 #30 

kandyman
Gate Keeper wrote:I am sorry about that Andy.

No need to be sorry, just nice to have someone who wants to talk to me ;)

Posted 25 Sep 2012, 16:23 #31