Vinyl Roof anyone? by Chartermark

Chartermark
I saw a Mk1 '75 today with a 'Vinyl Roof' fitted, something I've not seen before. Unfortunately I had no Camera or Phone with me at the time to get a picture

The body colour was silver, it was very well done and all four pillars were covered, with 'chrome' edging finishers.

The effect was to lower the car, to me it was reminiscent of the 3500's and 2000's of the 70's somehow.

I telephoned a contact, who quoted £270 fitted for Vinyl and £375 for mohair. I attach a pic of a Chrysler 300 with Mohair.

What do you think?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 20 Sep 2012, 20:02 #1 

kandyman
Be interested to see what one looked like,

Someone on here must be good with photoshop so we could see a mock up :)

Posted 20 Sep 2012, 20:52 #2 

raistlin
I think I'd like to see that as well.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Sep 2012, 21:36 #3 

Chartermark
What a good idea Andy, it's one of those taste things. I remember how good my bosses 2nd 3500S looked back in the mid 70's with a vinyl, very tasteful in Oxford blue with black top. To others it may seem very '78 Datsun Bluebird!

Hadn't thought of photoshop though? One thing from now on, I've leaving one of my old digital cameras in the boot.

Posted 20 Sep 2012, 21:42 #4 

Trebor
A couple of pictures from the club forum courtesy of members sponge mike and teflon, trust they dont mind me copying them across

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 21 Sep 2012, 10:34 #5 

Chartermark
Rob,

Thanks so much, the first is of course in Ski Blue, like mine and the wheels whilst not Meteors are not dissimilar?

The one yesterday also had the front pillars covered, personally I'm quite attracted.

Thanks too, Sponge Bob & Teflon.

Posted 21 Sep 2012, 11:58 #6 

Trebor
I think it looks good Martin and you will certainly have something different , vinyl roofs have memories for me as i once bought a Capri 2000s with one but little did i know at the time that it was hiding roof marks from an accident it had been involved in causing it to be written off, the previous owner was amazed it had been repaired as he had been in it at Luton airport when a fire tender came the wrong way down a one way system and smashed into his passenger side !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 21 Sep 2012, 17:58 #7 

MrDoodles
Trebor wrote:A couple of pictures from the club forum courtesy of members sponge mike and teflon, trust they dont mind me copying them across

I quite like the Green one, in a kind of "Pimp My Ride" way! :-o

Posted 21 Sep 2012, 20:41 #8 

Dave Goody
I don't like the idea of Mohair? I mean how many Mo's have to die to produce enough to cover the roof :confused:

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 12:35 #9 

Chartermark
Dave Goody wrote:I don't like the idea of Mohair? I mean how many Mo's have to die to produce enough to cover the roof :confused:

Dave,

At the risk of having the roof fall in on me for saying, I couldn't care less, as I hate 'Mo' and everything to do with him and Team GB (con't page 98), I won't comment.

I'll agree with you by saying the seagulls down here would soon convert it into a 'boil washed zebra skin' finish too.

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 19:52 #10 

Bermudan 75
The vinyl roof covering gives the impression that the car is a convertible, now there's a thought....

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 22:35 #11 

Trebor
Rover418275 wrote:The vinyl roof covering gives the impression that the car is a convertible, now there's a thought....

Here you go Mike

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 08:55 #12 

Bermudan 75
Wow, I want one... :-D

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 10:56 #13