My new project car... by Cowley_MOA (Page 1 of 2)

Cowley_MOA
With S750 LJW leaving me on Monday it is time for a new project car, and here she is!
[centre]
Y865 XKK
2001 (Y) MG ZT 190+
[/centre]
[centre]Image
Image[/centre]

Key details:
Very early ‘Y’ plate ZT
2.5 Litre KV6 Engine
Manual Gear Box
Trophy Blue with Blue Monaco Interior
18’’ Straights
‘Boomerang’ boot spoiler

Problems:
Snapped Cambelt

The car is being collected from its current home in Redditch on Monday, and is being taken down to Corin’s (Imperial Automotive) for the repair work on the engine to be carried out. Further details then :P
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 11 Jan 2011, 17:51 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Looks pretty tidy. What's the mileage?

Hope the cambelt problem didn't trash the engine too badly

Posted 11 Jan 2011, 17:54 #2 

Cowley_MOA
Mick wrote:Looks pretty tidy. What's the mileage?

Hope the cambelt problem didn't trash the engine too badly

I think the interior should tidy up nicely and the body isn't bad. The mileage iirc is sub 100,000 but I can't remember!

So do I! The seller has been told the rear cambelt has snapped, however Corin hasn't heard of this happening before so he suspects it might be a stuck cam. But we shall wait and see when he strips the head :?
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 11 Jan 2011, 18:03 #3 

Dallas
ooooooooooo! very nice :thumbsup: hope you bring it back to life, will be interesting to see how it all turns out. :)

..................... who's had the badge from the front grill ?

Posted 12 Jan 2011, 21:20 #4 

James.uk
It's an MG???? and it has cart wheels??? OMGawd what a comedown from the nice Rover 75 you seem to have parted with.... :roll: :stirer:

Still, when you have sorted it, you may get £100 for it on a good day innit.... :confused:

Make your next project a Dorchester Red 75 diesel auto or similar, then you may make some profit on the car from a discerning driver with good taste.. :D

Posted 12 Jan 2011, 22:19 #5 

Cowley_MOA
James.uk wrote:It's an MG???? and it has cart wheels??? OMGawd what a comedown from the nice Rover 75 you seem to have parted with.... :roll: :stirer:

Still, when you have sorted it, you may get £100 for it on a good day innit.... :confused:

Make your next project a Dorchester Red 75 diesel auto or similar, then you may make some profit on the car from a discerning driver with good taste.. :D

Come on James! I think by now everybody knows you lust after a ZT :lol:

They see me rollin, they hatin :D But itz a zt datz well gangsta init with da big alloys pefek 4 cruzin da hi street on saturday nite :lol:

James, you alone will know what the above means :D
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 12 Jan 2011, 22:36 #6 

JohnDotCom
I must have gone to a different University by the post above Lewis and James.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Jan 2011, 02:14 #7 

James.uk
Lewis's head is too full of bling innit.. :shock: :lol:

When he comes down, he will get back to dealing in nice poshe 75's and forget the dark side cars till his next "hit" innit... :confused: :D

Posted 13 Jan 2011, 18:13 #8 

starbug2
looks nice 8-)

Posted 13 Jan 2011, 19:15 #9 

timbo.p6
NOT BAD FOR A MG THINGIE :rolling:

Posted 15 Jan 2011, 01:39 #10 

takestock
MY new project car, giving it to corin to fix...................brilliant :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 15 Jan 2011, 12:30 #11 

Cowley_MOA
takestock wrote:MY new project car, giving it to corin to fix...................brilliant :D

For my next project, I'm gonna get you to fit some VIS (Variable Intake System) motors for me :lol:

I'll sort out the other stuff my self, just don't much fancy dealing with the effects of a possible snapped cambelt.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 15 Jan 2011, 18:04 #12 

James.uk
A snapped belt can only cause bent or broken valves, smashed pistons, scored bores, cracked head, broken cams and camshafts, and a dozen or more things.. so get yer tools out and get stuck in Ya big girls blouse! ... :P :shock: :lol:

Posted 15 Jan 2011, 23:20 #13 

Last edited by James.uk on 16 Jan 2011, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

DeuxGazoles
Looks like it has good potential that one ;) hopefully the engine's a reasonably cheap fix & the rest looks like it just wants general attention to detail
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 15 Jan 2011, 23:58 #14 

Samarkand
Forgive my ignorance and lack of being on line recently, but what happened to S750 Lewis? :em:
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 10:07 #15 

Cowley_MOA
Samarkand wrote:Forgive my ignorance and lack of being on line recently, but what happened to S750 Lewis? :em:

No problem at all. I have sold S750 to a club member 'GateKeeper'. She is being picked up on Thursday.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 17 Jan 2011, 12:27 #16 

revor
good luck Lewis, the pic's look good, not much to do?. I hope you know a cheap insurance man!. how are you progressing in the other related dept?. wish you well in all ways. peter :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Posted 18 Jan 2011, 16:24 #17 

Suffolk Man
put a nice walnut dash in it will look great :)

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 15:21 #18 

starbug2
wedd wrote:put a nice walnut dash in it will look great :)

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :D works for me :thumbsup:

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 15:28 #19 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I see from the for sale section this was beyond economical repair. :( How badly shot was the engine?

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 00:11 #20