v6 cruise control loom help by offyoutoddle

offyoutoddle
Hi, my v6 doesn't seem to have the cruise control loom, as there are no plugs under the dash. Does anyone know where i could get the 2 plugs that go into the cruise control ecu and interface at all please? I have pretty much everything else, and I'd like to see if retrofitting is possible wiring it in manually?

thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Posted 14 Jan 2016, 00:06 #1 

Duncan
You also need the plug that goes onto the pump under the bonnet, and its a pain running those wires back to the rest of the system. I seem to remember there also being a wire that had to be added from the engine harness to body harness connector, and maybe even from the abs unit. I do remember it being a lot more wiring than I wanted to do.

Edit: I can confirm its possible having done it myself, but it isn't for the faint hearted.

Posted 14 Jan 2016, 20:38 #2 

offyoutoddle
cheerd Duncan - well the good news is my vaccuum pump has a plug and some wire on it, so all i need is the 2 plugs that connect up the ecu and its interface box. I don't know about the other stuff, i've heard talk of a wire that needs to go into a slot on the bcu. I was mainly just hoping someone here might have the 2 plugs i need anywhere

Posted 15 Jan 2016, 00:04 #3 

Duncan
OK, good. Can't see any connection to the BCU (Body Control Unit) on the circuit diagrams. There is one from the ABS (Antilock Braking System) E.C.U , but its already connected to the engine E.C.U. so you might be able to find the header and connect there. There is also one from the engine E.C.U. and that was partly missing on my car.

Posted 15 Jan 2016, 15:10 #4 

offyoutoddle
cheers duncan. i think this story has some legs in it yet

Posted 18 Jan 2016, 22:25 #5 

offyoutoddle
update - all the plugs now fully accounted for, along with the elusive vacuum hose i needed. Roll on warmer days.....

Posted 21 Jan 2016, 20:15 #6 

Robti
Would love to be able to do this on mine, good luck

Posted 26 Jan 2016, 20:25 #7