V6 190 Calipers by Mad-Monkey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
Does anyone know if the BMW brakes that are on the V6 are off a specific BMW model. I know a lot of parts are the same/similar to the E46, but anyone have anything specifics? :)

Posted 07 Dec 2011, 15:22 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Also whilst I'm at it :)

How much pitting is too much on the actual brake caliper? I have stripped one back that was almost a block of rust, and although its come up nice there is some pitting on it. It's hard to tell just how much as the finish on them is quite rough! The internals are spotless, just the exterior. I Imagine they must be ok otherwise they would manufacture them out of something that was so quick to rust.

Posted 07 Dec 2011, 15:52 #2 

MN190
When I got new front discs it said BMW 330d on the label as well as ZT190

Posted 07 Dec 2011, 18:27 #3 

Mad-Monkey
I looked at the 330D but the piston sizes were different, I was trying to work out if they were a part made by BMW for the 75 specifically, or I just haven't found the right car

Posted 07 Dec 2011, 20:19 #4 

Duncan
BMW wouldn't have made the brakes anyway. From memory I seem to remember the ones on the standard cars were made by ATE. That's especially true given the 190s didn't come along until after BMW had parted company with MGR.

Edit:

ATE do list the calipers, including for the 190. They are remanufactured, but I can't see them remanufacturing them if they didn't make them in the first place.

Couldn't find a BMW cross reference for it though.

Posted 07 Dec 2011, 20:26 #5 

Trebor
The calipers on the 190 I have just bought which is a 2002 model definitely have BMW stamped on them as I noticed it when I painted them last week
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Dec 2011, 22:20 #6 

Mad-Monkey
They have BMW stamped on them but all the ones fitted to BMW's are different to the 190. I saw the ones listed by ATE Duncan as you can get replacement pistons but not the caliper from new as you say.

Posted 07 Dec 2011, 22:34 #7 

Mad-Monkey
MN190 wrote:When I got new front discs it said BMW 330d on the label as well as ZT190

It is the 330D, my writing needs to improve so I can read my notes! :)

Posted 09 Dec 2011, 16:46 #8