Using Mobile Phones Whilst Driving OUCH!! by Simon

Simon
Don't know if any of you have seen this before but OUCH!!!

Sometimes only a picture can get our attention!

Her last call was from a new cell phone...

Do you see the motorcycle?

The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph.

The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the
motorcycle.

The riders reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.

The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.

The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department..
115,000 miles and counting

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:59 #1 

Cowley_MOA
Horrific! A VERY good reason not to be on the phone whilst driving!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 22:02 #2 

Simon
Indeed Sir!

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 22:03 #3 

Zeb
Hmmm...one could argue also it's a very good reason not to be doing 85mph on roads with junctions....as in not 'A' Roads or Motorways.....yes, the driver may well have been at fault....but if the biker had been doing 40mph....a) She might have seen him and b) they might all still be alive... :(

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 17:02 #4 

Simon
Zeb wrote:Hmmm...one could argue also it's a very good reason not to be doing 85mph on roads with junctions....as in not 'A' Roads or Motorways.....yes, the driver may well have been at fault....but if the biker had been doing 40mph....a) She might have seen him and b) they might all still be alive... :(

Zeb, I Totally Agree. :thumbsup:

Can't argue with that.

How much of the story is true I don't know.

I copied it over from an e-mail. So it could be Chinese Whispers in full effect

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 18:45 #5